How do people get to lv100+ in Hardcore without dying?

ZZT

Guildcard
I've seen people at rather high levels, and it just... stuns me. Like, I die pretty much all the time in PSO... I don't think I'd be able to get a character past maybe level 5 without getting it wiped. What's the secret? Do you just stay and grind in Normal Forest forever?

If you prioritize staying alive as opposed to killing shit, you can be up a pretty long time as long as you stay away from certain quests. Once you're good enough you can usually kill shit and stay alive too. 100 is also on the lower end of EXP gained.

Plus you can Alt BS when you see unavoidable death/get scared. And scapes...yeah.

people make jokes about how I die all the time but the first time I actually died on my hucast wasn't until the 50~60 range and it was in forest because I was messing around with some people doing something stupid

I feel like playing offline PSOGC where one person dying means everyone has to warp back up (and you lose all your meseta...) made me better at this; I actually still play GC occasionally with family/friends and we usually end up starting new characters for one reason or another, and I can't remember the last time I died on GC lmao

it's not hard to not die if you're trying not to die, like CTB said... quests kill you a lot but freerun is practically guaranteed easy mode straight through episode 1 at the very least

cmode doesn't allow for many deaths either, its a similar mindset

certain shit you either prepare for, like c/freeze for falz rabullshit spam and h/hp set hp damage attack
or avoid the encounters entirely, most shit with megid, ohko attacks, or baranz when high hp char or lacking a cast for traps
hc teammates tend to prioritize keeping each other alive as well

this game doesn't have random encounters and randomized stats/boosts/rare monsters so you always know what you're in for tbh

i've never had a problem starting over
keeps the game interesting :^)

cmode doesn't allow for many deaths either, its a similar mindset
Ha, now there would be a way to raise the stakes in HC mode: treat the entire game like one big Challenge stage. When you create a new HC character, you start out with a fixed number of Scape Dolls, and that's all you'll ever get -- forever. You can't find them anywhere, and in order to avoid exploiting new character creation, you couldn't trade them or put them in your common bank, either. Once you run out of Scape Dolls and die, your "Challenge" ends, except there's no "Try again" option. The only question would be how many Scape Dolls a new character would start with: the possible values range from 0 - 230, the upper limit being having both the bank and your item pack filled with nothing but Scape Dolls (which obviously wouldn't happen, but you'd probably need to start with more than just the three you get in Challenge mode, especially since trading between teammates wouldn't be an option). HC mode 2.0 get? :p

Ha, now there would be a way to raise the stakes in HC mode: treat the entire game like one big Challenge stage. When you create a new HC character, you start out with a fixed number of Scape Dolls, and that's all you'll ever get -- forever. You can't find them anywhere, and in order to avoid exploiting new character creation, you couldn't trade them or put them in your common bank, either. Once you run out of Scape Dolls and die, your "Challenge" ends, except there's no "Try again" option. The only question would be how many Scape Dolls a new character would start with: the possible values range from 0 - 230, the upper limit being having both the bank and your item pack filled with nothing but Scape Dolls (which obviously wouldn't happen, but you'd probably need to start with more than just the three you get in Challenge mode, especially since trading between teammates wouldn't be an option). HC mode 2.0 get? :p

Please Please, oh god please give me this.

Also Hardocre is x2 EXP so lvl 100 is so easily achievable.

Start off with 5 and get 1 every intervals of 5 lvls. That would seriously limit you the higher your lvls forcing you to conserve early on.

Back