How do area maps work (i.e. how does QEdit visualize areas)?

A full manual would be a good thing too if you're the only one left who can do it.
I would have liked to just release my documentation and updated files with the manual, but Schthack forbade me from doing so long ago, as he didn't want multiple assembly lists floating around. I thought that I might have to release everything anyway when SCHTserv died, as I would have been the only one left with this information, but then the server came back and restored my obligations.

The last time I got a message to him regarding Qedit, he said he wasn't interested in trying to update it yet with all of the new Episode II documentation I've made. I suppose he's too busy with the Episode III rewrite they've been doing over there to work on anything else right now.

You also mentioned that Lee used sega opcode names, did he retrieve them from the client binary? And if so, why does the binary have a textual representation of the opcodes?
V1 is a glorified beta and has tons of garbage debug text for all sorts of things.

That's why I'm open sourcing whatever I manage to create. Right now I want to write a quest viewer that displays the areas with enemies and other entities plus some useful information like enemy counts etc. So initially it will be useful to the min-maxing crowd and maybe to quest designers too. Later on I might turn it into a full featured editor.

Of course if people want to join in, this can happen much faster... And I really hope people will join (@ToasterMage?) so we can create one polished tool that can do everything.
uh ok sure I guess

Imagine a world where we didnt have aleron ives to look into the things no one else cares about

I would have liked to just release my documentation and updated files with the manual, but Schthack forbade me from doing so long ago, as he didn't want multiple assembly lists floating around. I thought that I might have to release everything anyway when SCHTserv died, as I would have been the only one left with this information, but then the server came back and restored my obligations.

You seem to have a huge amount of respect for that guy, makes me wonder what he's like.

uh ok sure I guess

Cool, should we start floating some ideas on a new thread? We could call this project "Girth's New Toy".

And about the n.rel format, even with Schthack's documentation and mapviewer code it's proving a lot more difficult to parse. I attached some pictures to show my progress. Plus they just look so beautiful, I thought others might enjoy seeing the PSO world in a different way too.

I think I'm now stuck in the same place Soly got stuck. It looks like an issue with vertex winding to me, but I just can't figure it out. I'm not giving up though.

Attachments

• map_acave01_01n_visualisation_1.png
    map_acave01_01n_visualisation_1.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 52
  • map_jungle02_00n_visualization_1.png
    map_jungle02_00n_visualization_1.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 52
  • map_jungle02_00n_visualization_2.png
    map_jungle02_00n_visualization_2.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 54
  • map_jungle04_00n_visualization.png
    map_jungle04_00n_visualization.png
    176 KB · Views: 53
  • map_labo00_00n.png
    map_labo00_00n.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
  • map_seabed02_01n_visualisation_1.png
    map_seabed02_01n_visualisation_1.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 53
  • map_vs01_02n_visualisation_1.png
    map_vs01_02n_visualisation_1.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 51
  • map_jungle04_00n_visualization_2.png
    map_jungle04_00n_visualization_2.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 73
Cool, should we start floating some ideas on a new thread? We could call this project "Girth's New Toy".
If you want, I`m gonna be busy the next week still.

but I dont know shit about 3d stuff so I was just gonna work on the scripting part.

also, skype/discord/whatever is cool

If you want, I`m gonna be busy the next week still.

but I dont know shit about 3d stuff so I was just gonna work on the scripting part.

also, skype/discord/whatever is cool

That's totally fine and even preferable, this way we can easily split the work. And to be honest, I barely know what doing either, I'm a web developer. I'll make the thread.

Back