How did YOU find Ephinea?

After taking a break from Schthack and studying at uni, I decided to play some PSO again but I heard scht got nuked so I hopped onto Ultima. Within 5 minutes of seeing peeps in lobby whom I knew I was informed there was a new server called Ephinea which has working cmode and all the cmoders were there. I then logged off Ultima and went straight to Ephinea; never looked back.

After taking a break from Schthack and studying at uni, I decided to play some PSO again but I heard scht got nuked so I hopped onto Ultima. Within 5 minutes of seeing peeps in lobby whom I knew I was informed there was a new server called Ephinea which has working cmode and all the cmoders were there. I then logged off Ultima and went straight to Ephinea; never looked back.
And we STILL Count ourselves 'blessed' that you did, Spuzzies~! =3

I made the decision based off a reddit post probably 5ish years ago. Considering options based on nostalgia. I had only played schtack for a couple days in the early 2010s, so wasn't fully committed. Especially since I really wanted to play Episode 3 for PC, which wasn't (and still isn't) prevalent then. Honestly, I decided to go into Ephinea because word of mouth of how wholesome the community is in comparison to the other private servers. Enjoyed my nostalgia trips in this server every couple odd weeks in a year.
From what This kitty has heard, SEGA never released any of EP3 Source codes....So 'NO' Private server can get EP3 to work Flawlessly...Crono (*cough*) Had desperately tried to get it to work online...Some functions were working like Cheering, spectating, and EP3 Lobby....buuuut Dice would freeze up, turns would Skip....defense cards would work...EVERY Year mew would try to see if EP3 had improved....and EVERY year mew would find New Cuss words to describe her misplaced faith....lol!
"I decided to go into Ephinea because word of mouth of how wholesome the community is in comparison to the other private servers." Mew and other 'Loved Ones' like to think THEY'RE the reason why the community is so Warm and Fuzzy~! We are treated Less as 'Players' here and moar like 'FAMILY!', nya~! <3

I started on the GameCube version and found the SCHTHACK server through a good friend of mine. I enjoyed it during the time I played it, but I really wanted a server where I could feel at home at again after my days with the GameCube version ended.

Coming here has made my experience amazing so far and thank you for Mew for being really awesome as well as the rest of team for making this server possible.

it was years ago, I remember joining a tiny server because I remember playing the game on gamecube with my friend in highschool splitscreen mode and wanted to relive some of that fun, but then the server I tried eventually couldnt afford to keep it running. So eventually when I looked around again between the options I just decided to try ephinea. Its not like I play often but I do hop on every now and again and mew always makes feel welcomed to be here. Its a great place to be :D

I cannot say ive really met many others yet though despite the size of ephinea

For me it was when I tried to login on PSO2 again after having quit the game for about 3 years just to find out that they had added ip block to the japanese server, then I decided to finally give PSO a try since I already had seen plenty of speedruns on GDQ/ESA and had Ultima bookmarked, but since their player count wasn't very encouraging I ended up asking Mr. Google for other servers, which brought me to Ephinea.
Oddly, that is mew's FAVE thing to hear from new ppl~! What's even MOAR satisfying, is the fact when ppl "Google PSO"...we happen to be the TOP search result! Which means.....we not only get the MOAST ppl but, we get the MOAST PASSIONATE ppl~!!! Imagine the Spark and twinkle in the eyes of someone who played PSO 20+years ago, finding out....IT'S STILL ALIVE?!!! THESE are the ppl we Embrace the tightest~! Players who get to be a 'kid' again and forget about COVID or that adult world bill laying on the table! ETC, etc. XD! =')

I started on the GameCube version and found the SCHTHACK server through a good friend of mine. I enjoyed it during the time I played it, but I really wanted a server where I could feel at home at again after my days with the GameCube version ended.

Coming here has made my experience amazing so far and thank you for Mew for being really awesome as well as the rest of team for making this server possible.
D'Awwwwww? =')',',','

it was years ago, I remember joining a tiny server because I remember playing the game on gamecube with my friend in highschool splitscreen mode and wanted to relive some of that fun, but then the server I tried eventually couldnt afford to keep it running. So eventually when I looked around again between the options I just decided to try ephinea. Its not like I play often but I do hop on every now and again and mew always makes feel welcomed to be here. Its a great place to be :D

I cannot say ive really met many others yet though despite the size of ephinea
SQUEEeee~! ='),','

I was looking into modding the original Dreamcast version when I found PSOBB.

I searched PSOBB and Ephinea popped right up. I looked at another community but ultimately signed up here because it gave the friendliest vibes. Being new to BB I assumed I'd have plenty of questions and didn't want to be asking a community that would ignore me. So far I've not needed anything but the wiki but still this place seems friendliest so I am happy to be here.

Thanks all for providing the experience.

schtserv was deader than a dead horse and i didn't know about ultima.

i'm thinking about playing again but obviously i am not joining the discord again even if i am not banned

Another SCHThack refugee, been absolutely hooked since getting to play back on Dreamcast at my cousin's house and here we are 23 years later. I take chunks of time off regularly but I always find myself coming back to PSO because it's still the best video game of all time.

SCHTACK refugee here too! I craved some PSO and figured I'd get on my ol' HUcast on SCHT but then Miureth (one of the gm there) had told me the whole damn thing exploded and everything was gone, so I began searching for an alternative and stumbled upon Ephinea in 2018. I was pretty impressed by the unique features offered here ontop of the cool QoLs and super friendly community. Played here till 2019 when a bevy of health issues struck me and during my recovery I didn't really feel like grinding for rares so I played other games but I guess before long I had completely stopped playing.

Fast forward to 2023, here I am back once again.

Last edited:
SCHTACK refugee here too! I craved some PSO and figured I'd get on my ol' HUcast on SCHT but then Miureth (one of the gm there) had told me the whole damn thing exploded and everything was gone, so I began searching for an alternative and stumbled upon Ephinea in 2018. I was pretty impressed by the unique features offered here ontop of the cool QoLs and super friendly community. Played here till 2019 when a bevy of health issues struck me and during my recovery I didn't really feel like grinding for rares so I played other games but I guess before long I had completely stopped playing.

Fast forward to 2023, here I am back once again.
And mew mew counts herself 'Blessed' seeing you, again dear! Miu Miu-chan had started off as a GM....but last mew saw, She inherited the Helm of the sinking ship that was Schthack....Nothing she could've done could save it! =(. MISS her tho~! =')

I am one of the newbies but I am not new to PSO having played on the DC at release, on the GC and XboX versions.

What triggered my joining here was the release and disappointment of the latest versions and decided to look on Twitch to see if anyone was playing the "original" saw someone streaming it and that was it - Ragol here I come once more!"

I was following Tethealla development because it looked promising, and also because fuzziqersoftware's newserv was kinda dead end back then. And as soon as Ephinea went public, I've made an account on day 1.

Pretty sure I just happened to be checking the PSO subreddit immediately after Schthack died, after not having played there for a really long time, and an Ephinea link was posted. Probably. It was a long time ago!

I have never played many mmo's before, I always found them to be very complicated and the UI very messy (not all of them of course) until I came across pso, it seemed like a simpler and more interesting Mmo even though I had never played it before I decided to give it a go, I stumbled upon ephinea by chance and now pso is one of my favorite games of all time.

I played as a kid on the GCN (offline) with a couple friends, i dont think we ever made it past VH, lol. I was like 9-10 y/o

Then around 2017~ i remembered about the game and got a GPD win 1 which i still play this game on to this day (its the ultimate portable psobb experience and i can even type like 45 wpm on the thing lol)
I chose HC mode because it seemed fun and i enjoyed challenging things and i stuck with HC until its deletion (rip).
Over this time PSO was basically the only game i played and now its definitely the only game i play now but its generally just for a little bit here and there now.

Forsure theres no other game like it!

Ive also hunted Heavens Punisher basically for my entire PSO career and ive seen NINE drop but never for myself. One time a Hildetorr dropped 2 at once in my game. I was pretty Hildetorrn after that one

I played as a kid on the GCN (offline) with a couple friends, i dont think we ever made it past VH, lol. I was like 9-10 y/o

Then around 2017~ i remembered about the game and got a GPD win 1 which i still play this game on to this day (its the ultimate portable psobb experience and i can even type like 45 wpm on the thing lol)
I chose HC mode because it seemed fun and i enjoyed challenging things and i stuck with HC until its deletion (rip).
Over this time PSO was basically the only game i played and now its definitely the only game i play now but its generally just for a little bit here and there now.

Forsure theres no other game like it!
"I chose HC mode because it seemed fun and i enjoyed challenging things and i stuck with HC until its deletion (rip)."
And to this day, mew is STILL Confiscating Torches and pitchforks from annoyed HC warriors! It's coming up on 8years of Ephinea....still plenty of time for some other cool and radical variances of the game to hatch up in the minds of our server gods~! Have Faith~! nya! <3

Back