How did YOU find Ephinea?

After the stuff that happened on schthack I tried other servers but did not really like them. So I took a break from psobb and went on to play pso2 JP like in 2012. But then I started to miss PSOBB and my friend told me about ephinea around 2017 and that is pretty much how I got here.

The great thing for me is ephinea is the first psobb server where I was able to get out of my comfort zone and make friends.

Last edited:
After the stuff that happened on schthack I tried other servers but did not really like them. So I took a break from psobb and went on to play pso2 JP like in 2012. But then I started to miss PSOBB and my friend told me about ephinea around 2017 and that is pretty much how I got here.

The great thing for me is ephinea is the first psobb server where I was able to get out of my comfort zone and make friends.
SQUEEEEeeeeeee~! *GLOMPS and Grooms Cuviiies~!* =')

"I chose HC mode because it seemed fun and i enjoyed challenging things and i stuck with HC until its deletion (rip)."
And to this day, mew is STILL Confiscating Torches and pitchforks from annoyed HC warriors! It's coming up on 8years of Ephinea....still plenty of time for some other cool and radical variances of the game to hatch up in the minds of our server gods~! Have Faith~! nya! <3
Yeah… very few people even played HC and nobody ever traded Uber-Rares so it essentially made HC mode into ironman mode for ubers. I had things that were basically priceless within HC and ubers etc that essentially became “worthless”. To have that all deleted without any warning was a bit unkind in my opinion.

Really HC mode could have been fixed pretty easily… It was deemed OP because people would alt+bs to avoid dying. This is basically unfixable from the dev side of things so you would have to look for other solutions. A few come to mind for me:
- Lose all exp gain on death
- Lose money (on death) on death
- Removal of all scape dolls for HC/make them a item that no longer drops but costs alot in the store, like 333k (this is kind of super HC)

HC mode was deemed OP but ultimately we were the ones wasting financial resources just to play matches (scapes). We put up with being griefed by other players in games like TTF. And our rates werent even very broken. 130% of 0 is still zero. I saw 5 HP drop in my HC games and every single one was for a Normie. We hardly ever alt+bs’d because you can just TP back and grab more in most quests. For non-TP quests that meant playing a safer class and using berserk less or taking more scapes. It gave a reason to carry 10x of every healing item on a Cast.

Last edited:
Yeah… very few people even played HC and nobody ever traded Uber-Rares so it essentially made HC mode into ironman mode for ubers. I had things that were basically priceless within HC and ubers etc that essentially became “worthless”. To have that all deleted without any warning was a bit unkind in my opinion.

Really HC mode could have been fixed pretty easily… It was deemed OP because people would alt+bs to avoid dying. This is basically unfixable from the dev side of things so you would have to look for other solutions. A few come to mind for me:
- Lose all exp gain on death
- Lose money (on death) on death
- Removal of all scape dolls for HC/make them a item that no longer drops but costs alot in the store, like 333k (this is kind of super HC)

HC mode was deemed OP but ultimately we were the ones wasting financial resources just to play matches (scapes). We put up with being griefed by other players in games like TTF. And our rates werent even very broken. 130% of 0 is still zero. I saw 5 HP drop in my HC games and every single one was for a Normie. We hardly ever alt+bs’d because you can just TP back and grab more in most quests. For non-TP quests that meant playing a safer class and using berserk less or taking more scapes. It gave a reason to carry 10x of every healing item on a Cast.

Sad circumstances.....buuuuut we NEED MOAR OF THIS KINDA SHYT~!!!!! <3!

I played PSO on DC at my friend's house and I eventually got it for GC. I found my GC copy in a box in the basement and got back into it. Looked up if there was any way to still play it online and ended up here lol. I still hop on my DC and GC characters every now and again but the community is much smaller so that makes it a bit less fun to come back to.

Back