Hi there I'm Keyest!

Keyest

Guildcard
Hi guys I'm new to the server, but played on gamecube (offline) a ton 13 years ago (holy cow I'm old). English is not my main language so sorry about that. I just made myself a hunter and hit 100 the other night. I dont really know what to do or which gear to farm and which quest would be best for me now. I was wondering if there is someone willing to give some advice to a newbie on how to proceed. Any help is appreciated.

Keyest

Welcome to Ephinea (and BB)! You'll find most folks around here willing to help. In order to better assist you, which Hunter did you choose and what is your Section ID? :)

Fellow Huney here ;)/

I'd say make sure your first priority is making a solid, dexterous MAG. Hunewearl really struggles in the ATA department. I believe my current MAG is [5/95/100/0]. Likewise, any Sword with Hit (25+ preferred) is your best friend. Dragon Slayer/Last Survivor are easy to find and relatively strong, the latter being weaker but offering +20HP and a better special. Also take advantage of high-Hit, sacrificial ranged weapons like Charge Diska or Vulcans. Check out this thread for free stuff to help you!

For armor, if you have the patience to hunt Pouilly Slime, Guard Wave would last a while until you find a better armor; more than likely Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou/Aura Field in Oran's case. As for shields, if you can handle Girtablulu (very hard) and Dal Ral Lie (Ult) I'd say try for Stink Shield/De Rol Le Shell, respectively. De Rol Le Shield is solid and can be used around your level.

Try to get your S/D/J/Z to level 20 ASAP!

There are also some decent drops in Ep4 Crater, so be sure to check those out!

Set your sights on something BIG and don't be afraid to start up new characters/section IDs as well. :p

Last edited:
Dayum....Mew's getting slower and slower in replying to these intro threads....HUney is a good class to get your mojo flowing again from being away so long. We Are however looked upon as Substitute FOneys in a pinch so what data-san says is true...get your Supports to 20 ASAP! =3! Mew herself is a FOney trapped in a HUneys' body <3! Orans ID may limit toys you can find for your other characters to use later on....but EP4 will still be fun to pick up a few useful career items. DON'T for a Second feel any less self worth for missing out on ONLINE play dear! Online was HELL for a lot of us...so you'll fit in Just Fiiiine here! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! =3

Hehe thanks for the advice. Will look into the trade lists to get my support spells to lvl 20. Got myself a decent Guard Wave already while hunting for a Lavis Cannon with a Redria. Was thinking about making a FOney and free myself. What would be the best section ID for them? I was thinking about Pinkal but I'm not set yet.

Thanks again for all the heartwarming replies and I'm happy to se you ingame soon! :)

I'd say make a Foney based on ep4 drops you want, since they have the easiest time soloing. Viridia/Purple are great choices.

Pinkal isn't terrible, though. You have Clio (which reliably fetches a few PDs), easy Heavenly/Mind, Glide Divine, V801, SoF, Rupika, and even a chance at Limiter. Not to mention all of the tech-boosting canes and wands.

Back