Help With De Rol Le

TheNeuromancer

Hacker of the Gibson
Guildcard
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I wasn't sure where else to go. I'm really confused on how you're supposed to fight De Rol Le: My attacks don't appear to be doing any damage whatsoever. At the very least, the health bar doesn't go down at all. I'm using a level 25 Hucasel on Normal One Person Mode. Did I miss something somewhere? Am I supposed to use a specific type of weapon or attack? Are you supposed to knock off all the armor first or something? I'm just really confused here.
Thanks in advance for you help.

The HP bar only works on enemies with physical HP. It has no effect on De Rol Le or Barba Ray and only shows partial information for Vol Opt.

De Rol is difficult the first few times around. Especially for hunters. Don't pay attention to the HP bar for him and focus on learning his patterns. There is a couple of ways to take him down. First you can focus on just his head parts until his head armor breaks off, then proceed to smack his head until he dies. For this method something like mechguns would work best.
For the second method you can use a multi-hit weapon like a sword or partisan or even a slicer type weapon to continually attack his body. The armor will eventually break off and you'll be damaging him directly.

It should be obvious but the best time to attack him is when he latches on to the raft that you're standing on. Something like a handgun or slicer can hit him as hes swimming next to you.
Good luck!

Some pointers.

1. De Rol Le has a multi-health system. Each of his body parts is protected by armor when you first start the fight. You must destroy the armor on a segment or his head to actually damage him.

1. Try to get a long range weapon to hurt him as he's swimming. A slicer is ideal, but a simple handgun or mechgun type weapon can work as well. You want to soften him up before he boards the boat. It'll make it easier to take him down.

2. Once he boards the ship, you've got your chance to inflict serious damage on him. Multihit weapons like swords, partisans, and slicers, work best because they hit the most segments.

3. He will not board the ship while the lights are out. Focus on dodging while chipping off his HP with a ranged weapon instead.

4. His purple orb attack can be dodged by hiding in a corner. Get as far as you can and they can be avoided.

5. When he puts 5 mines on the ship, pick one that's closest to a corner, destroy it, then get as close to the corner as you can. The other ones will not hit you when they explode if you do this.

6. If he shoots three mines that home in on you and you can't destroy them in time, you'll just have to take the damage. Make sure your HP is at its max in case this happens.

Back