help swapping character models

I would like to replace FONEWM with FONEWERL and I feel like I'm close but can't quite understand how to seal the deal, my textures are all messed up

I use AFS explorer to modify plZsmpnj.afs
FONEWM is 182-195
FONEWERL is 196-209

I modify 182 to 196, 183 to 197, 184 to 198 and so on, then file, update, and thats done
I go to the data directory and delete the plh files (NEWM), I make a duplicate of the pll files (NEWERL), then rename the copies to their plh equivalent. This should basically tell pso the newm models are pointed at the newerl ones. Confirmed with Noesis. This leaves me with 3 files I'm not sure what to do with ending in .bml, .rel, and .afs. The afs I can't really open in AFS explorer as it doesn't let me without creating a new one because of missing descriptors?

Finally, in texture manager, I made a dump of NEWM and NEWERL dds files, but I'm not really clear on the import. NEWM has 300ish textures, while NEWERL has 500ish. I don't really get what to do here.

When I load up in game, FONEWMs are eldritch nightmares of terrible meshes so I *think* thats the last piece. Any insight would be appreciated

Attachments

• yikesbro.png
    yikesbro.png
    898.4 KB · Views: 30
Back