Hello there. Please see for Linux noob in need of help.

BloodPuddles

Hello again. So I've been trying to get this running through wine, from what I've seen nobody really has much trouble getting it running. whenever I try to run it though I get "The program online/psobb.exe has encountered an error. I'm fairly sure I've got everything set up properly to at least have the game attempt to run, it doesn't though. I'm running Xubuntu if that helps at all.

Edit: If you request more info about what it's actually doing please be very specific on how to get it, I have very minimal clue what I'm doing. Edit edit: Nevermind about that, Wine gives all that junk.

Edit again: I forgot a "b", needed it to be known.

Too much edit.: So yeah I'm an idiot, it was a pretty obvious fix. I had a ton of .dll overrides to run Diablo 2. I shut them off and it's working fine now.

The dawn of my editing career: So fine wasn't the right word. I'm gonna give some tips to other Linux users who end up in my position who might need some (not really) help. Step one close all other windows and kill background processes, step two set all graphics settings to the lowest and increase frame skip, step three place your laptop up on a milk crate to keep your shitty CPU from overheating the second you're in-game. You now have a barely functioning game, you're welcome.

Last edited:
Playonlinux it's a package that has wine built in. Install that and you will be good to go.

PM me if you need more help. I've installed PSO on many Linux machines and distros with no issues.

Last edited:
Back