Hello, every Hunters of PSO!

Arsuru

迷子
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Hello there, Ephinea. I've been lurking around and playing for about a week now, so I figure it's time I say hi. So hi. I'm a veteran of PSO+ on GameCube, though I was never able to play online at the time, so I'm probably unknown to any of you. I could at least play with some local friends, though I'd be surprised if any were here. I haven't played for about a decade prior, after my main, my beloved level Lv 196 FOnewearl, Sakura, got corrupted when I somehow managed to turn off the GC while it was still saving, and with no means of backup. I had found some measure of will to recreate her, but didn't get far before life led me elsewhere…

PSO never really left my mind though and I have always wanted to play EP IV, so I'm glad to find that there is still good support for playing it online. As no doubt the few of you that are left are aware, PSO has a certain charm, that, despite being quite dated, ultimately draws us back to it. It's about the only online game I've been able to spend so much time on (haven't tried PSO2 yet). Playing PS0 lately just pushed me over the edge, I suppose, so here I am.

Just hearing the first few notes of the title screen music was more gripping than anticipated. T-T

Anyway, it'll be a little while as I regain my bearings and take forever to make/plan/name my other characters. For now I'll be doing quests and leveling a bit as my eponymous HUmar while I reacquaint myself, but I look forward to playing with you all.

Welcome to ephinea :3

Hello there, Ephinea. I've been lurking around and playing for about a week now, so I figure it's time I say hi. So hi. I'm a veteran of PSO+ on GameCube, though I was never able to play online at the time, so I'm probably unknown to any of you. I could at least play with some local friends, though I'd be surprised if any were here. I haven't played for about a decade prior, after my main, my beloved level Lv 196 FOnewearl, Sakura, got corrupted when I somehow managed to turn off the GC while it was still saving, and with no means of backup. I had found some measure of will to recreate her, but didn't get far before life led me elsewhere…

PSO never really left my mind though and I have always wanted to play EP IV, so I'm glad to find that there is still good support for playing it online. As no doubt the few of you that are left are aware, PSO has a certain charm, that, despite being quite dated, ultimately draws us back to it. It's about the only online game I've been able to spend so much time on (haven't tried PSO2 yet). Playing PS0 lately just pushed me over the edge, I suppose, so here I am.

Just hearing the first few notes of the title screen music was more gripping than anticipated. T-T

Anyway, it'll be a little while as I regain my bearings and take forever to make/plan/name my other characters. For now I'll be doing quests and leveling a bit as my eponymous HUmar while I reacquaint myself, but I look forward to playing with you all.
*quietly gets close to examine you more intently* So, youre another GCer returning to the fold eh? Thats wonderful! "Sakura" of course is an awesome name, however pretty, maaaay be a bit too common. May mew suggest you do a little digging into Japanese Mythological/cultural deities or demons? Anime character names are popular too. FOneys are well deserving of Mythic or perky names =3. 196....OWIES! The Good news is, regrinding her to 190's wont be as dreary or lonesome Here! <3 An Eponymous HUmar eh? Name? So mew can put u on her POUNCE on SIGHT list! =3! Oh! And Welcome Home!!

Thanks for the welcomes, it's great to be back in the game.

Hey how ya doing? Glad you could join us!
Pretty good, thanks. I remember more than I thought I would. Getting used to playing with the keyboard is the only significant thing. I was a wiz with that C-stick. :D

@Harborer of Hope Yes, it is quite a common name. I used to really love this name though, plus it gave me a Pinkal back then, and I didn't have to think any more on it. I'm perhaps less crazy about it now, but I still think it's a beautiful name. Maybe it's more like the graduation from infatuation to love, actually. Even if that was just a history lesson, I don't know if I could ever name my FOnewearl anything else. Probably nostalgia, and the fact that she was never "completed". She's sentimental mahou shoujo* graffiti scrawled upon a far-from-spotless mind.

Might spell it differently this time around though, or suffix with ko, or somesuch. I take my names relatively seriously — especially if I'll be looking at them for a long time — even if I have the luxury of disregarding ID calculations now. I think it is rather perky in any case. Haven't actually remade her just yet; too busy neglecting proper planning playing/leveling. :x

And eponymous would mean "Arsuru" of course. This name came about from me searching for a Skyly ID back then. I liked it, so I took it for myself, as I was also in search of a pseudonym. I've usually been on the EU server though, but I hop around sometimes. Certainly hope the grind will be more enjoyable now. I'd forgotten just how slowly it goes soloing, especially starting out.

*No conscious relation to that other one, probably. I guess Newman Forces dress about the same though.

Last edited:
*Blinks at then smiles* So, we're looking for a "Sakura" and or an "Arsuru" =3! Soloing too often can also make you get sleepy faster! lol =P

Thanks for the welcomes, it's great to be back in the game.

Pretty good, thanks. I remember more than I thought I would. Getting used to playing with the keyboard is the only significant thing.

Yeah I would recommend getting an Xbox one controller or a controller of your preference lol

*Blinks at then smiles* So, we're looking for a "Sakura" and or an "Arsuru" =3! Soloing too often can also make you get sleepy faster! lol =P
Or a さくら as it turns out. Couldn't help myself.

Yeah I would recommend getting an Xbox one controller or a controller of your preference lol
Yeah, I've been meaning to buy a new controller. The ones I have aren't the best for this, nor are they any longer in the best of shape. They are quite old now.

Or a さくら as it turns out. Couldn't help myself.

Yeah, I've been meaning to buy a new controller. The ones I have aren't the best for this, nor are they any longer in the best of shape. They are quite old now.
*Squints at Squiggles* Think mew mew cant memorize those and pounce with certainty =3. Some of us have found that a wired xbox 360 pad is plug and play. If youre an old DC/GC player, you'll find the buttons are the same layout as the DC/GC pads. So it will be like 15 years of muscle memory =3. If an xbox one controller is plug and play...that might be a nice upgrade =D!

Back