Happy to have found out the PSO community still exists

Harna

Pinkal Lame Magnet
Guildcard
Hey guys! I used to play a lot of PSO:BB at Schtserv and previous to that played PSO on Gamecube for a long time. After Schtserv imploded I thought that would be the final nail in the coffin for the community, but here I stand wrong!

I have a couple of newbie questions if people wouldn't mind answering?

1. How stable is the economy here? Towards the end of Schtserv's life, it seemed to go down the shitter.

2. Do we do Holiday events often? Alongside this, how viable would it be to get to the standard of soloing ult temple for them :p

3. Are there any Ephinea-specific quests and, if so, is there a list?

Hope to meet you all in-game soon!

Welcome to ephinea.

1. Ephinea isnt run in the basement of crono's mothers house with no backup, do not worry about that. I'm sure if Soda were around he'd tell you all your data is pretty stable and secure. As for host stability, they just had a xen upgrade last night!

2. So far in the servers year we have had Xmas, Easter and a Summer/anniversary event all of which were very fun. Halloween also featured hallo rappies and the introduction to special rare quests.

3. Yes, we do have a variety of quests and player made, I'm unsure which are ephinea only however, there is no specific list unless someone writes it our for you from memory idk. @GuardianGirth has a bunch of lost quests and some new pw style quests called Villainous Rift with lucky coin as reward. We have some 'special' rare quests also.

Some cool ephinea tweaks:
- Coren: a gambler NPC (see homepage for his drop table) [from JP psobb]
- Red dot & Jingle for rares.
- Pso2 drop system.
- Hunters boost Road.
- Blizzard has a Base of 40% instead of 20%.
- Music discs as an item drop + new music.
- /PK mode, sandbox & hardcore mode.
- Weekly milestones & rewards.
- Daily luck system.
- EP4 modified Drop charts.
- Cat and Bunny Ears are wearable by male characters.
- New item: Heart of YN-0017. This is a cell for the mag that was always pb-less and without one, elenor. (requirements are to have any non-rare level 50+ mag & cast only to wear). Other than that it's pure vanilla items.

Probably few others things I'm missing but hope this was informative enough for you.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I used to play a lot of PSO:BB at Schtserv and previous to that played PSO on Gamecube for a long time. After Schtserv imploded I thought that would be the final nail in the coffin for the community, but here I stand wrong!

1. How stable is the economy here? Towards the end of Schtserv's life, it seemed to go down the shitter.

2. Do we do Holiday events often? Alongside this, how viable would it be to get to the standard of soloing ult temple for them :p

*Pounces Harna-san and examines closely* Hmmmmm....another Scht survivor finds their way here! You will find MOST if not All of us are Scht refugees here as well dear! =3! It's prolly a Fate thing =D! Others will more likely chime in and halp with the questions... buuuut for the most part...

1. Economy is pretty damn stable. Players who tend to overprice or try to make more than whats fair off of you tend to stick out in our small tribe.

2. Our Holiday events are pretty S.O.P (Standard Operating Procedures) Xmas comes...Xmas Event....Halloween comes we get an Event....Easter....Easter Event yadda yadda yadda. Soda-samas and passionate others will often grace us with a Summer Event or Spring cleaning thingy...Soooo yeah, we get nice rare goodies Events. As for soloing Ult stages for your rare Lustibles....theres a PSO2 drop % system you can choose or not to solo that affects the drop rates per purrson that pops in.

3. There's a few Ephinea exclusive quests Not sure what they All are... but mew herself was dragged into a few that were pleasantly challenging and full of Chaos! <3

Most Importantly.... WELCOME HOME!

Last edited:
Welcome to ephinea.

1. Ephinea isnt run in the basement of crono's mothers house with no backup, do not worry about that. I'm sure if Soda were around he'd tell you all your data is pretty stable and secure. As for host stability, they just had a xen upgrade last night!

2. So far in the servers year we have had Xmas, Easter and a Summer/anniversary event all of which were very fun. Halloween also featured hallo rappies and the introduction to special rare quests.

3. Yes, we do have a variety of quests and player made, I'm unsure which are ephinea only however, there is no specific list unless someone writes it our for you from memory idk. @GuardianGirth has a bunch of lost quests and some new pw style quests called Villainous Rift with lucky coin as reward. We have some 'special' rare quests also.

Some cool ephinea tweaks:
- Coren: a gambler NPC (see homepage for his drop table)
- Red dot & Jingle for rares.
- Pso2 drop system.
- Hunters boost Road.
- Blizzard has a Base of 40% instead of 20%.
- Music discs as an item drop + new music.
- /PK mode, sandbox & hardcore mode.
- Weekly milestones & rewards.
- Daily luck system.
- EP4 modified Drop charts.
- Cat and Bunny Ears are wearable by male characters.
- New item: Heart of YN-0017. This is a cell for the mag that was always pb-less and without one, elenor. (requirements are to have any non-rare level 50+ mag & cast only to wear). Other than that it's pure vanilla items.

Probably few others things I'm missing but hope this was informative enough for you.
Wait Blizzard is 40% here? :eek:

Wait Blizzard is 40% here? :eek:

Yes, vanilla is 20%. I made a suggestion ''fix Blizzard special'' (before suggestion area revamp so no topic to link), people posted, Soly mentions a work around and then Soda obviously liked/agreed with it and worked it in. He then buffed it from 20-60%. A few days later nerfed it from 60-40%.

Last edited:

Welcome to Ephinea and whats your name in-game?

Dis was vanilla NPC.

The NPC itself is a copy paste from tekker. But coren is something that was added here afaik. Not seen it before.

Last edited:
Back