Gov quest rewards?

Yeah, I'm not sure why SEGA coded the government quests like this.

The first person to talk to Irene is the only one who gets the reward, the rest of the party just gets the middle finger.

You'll get the reward if you play it again and talk first.

Not sure it's worth it for one buff level higher than what I currently have... but I'll keep this in mind for the Ultimate rewards.

oh I didn't realize only one person gets it otherwise I would have gave it to you cause my shifta was the same or higher level then the reward. xD

Roaxes said:
oh I didn't realize only one person gets it otherwise I would have gave it to you cause my shifta was the same or higher level then the reward. xD

I didn't think you did, but I still shook my fist in rage and bellowed "Roaxeeees!" when I found out what happened.

I can look at the quests and fix them. They are probably syncing a register instead of leti/set

Im my opinion the quests as they currently are aren't working as intended. So I don't see there being any issue with fixing bugs within quests.

tofuman said:
I can look at the quests and fix them. They are probably syncing a register instead of leti/set
Hmm... Actually, sync_register doesn't appear at all, at least in 5-5, so I can't tell why only one person is able to get the prize per run. :eek: I think the name of if_switch_not_pressed is wrong, because it's being used over and over in seemingly random places where it would make no sense to check if a switch hasn't been pressed yet.

Yeah I took a look last night too. 1-3 doesn't have any sort of sync register. Only gset gget. So I wonder if its the way gset works for particular flags. So maybe something needs to change ship side to fix this.

It must be related to if_switch_not_pressed somehow, as 5-5 uses it to determine what Dan will say. After he congratulates you for defeating Barba Ray, he reads pflag 023D, and if it's false, you get a prize. If it's true, you don't. That pflag only gets set when you receive a prize, so perhaps the command is somehow able to tell whether pflags have been freshly set since the quest started, or something. The only thing that's clear is that the quests are operating as intended, as they aren't synchronising a register that should only have been set locally.

It looks like we just need to add conditions for flags:
023a
023b
023c
023d
023e
023f
To set the value in the char data but not send on to other players. Will be easy enough to do that and should get these quests working right. I never played on the sega servers but suspect there was code on their ship too. Much like CCA.

Why would setting a pflag get transmitted to other players in the first place? There's no reason for other players to know the state of your pflags, AFAIK.

Because its a 60 packet. It looks like when its received from other players it also sets it in that players memory. But as the ship doesn't receive it from the client it doesn't save it. Looking at the reward code in the quests its purely the flags that are checked to check if they should receive the reward. The switch checks are to determine if the players cleared areas and what for tyrel to say. I've not check all of the reward quest extensively but suspect this is all we need to do to get it working correctly.

I've stopped the ship from syncing the flags for the gov reward flags now. So after the next maintenance all players will be able to receive the reward not just the first player that speaks with Irene.

Back