Get back the ALLCAPS of rare item names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad

Guildcard
On 2015-09-01, the PSO-typical upper case rare names were changed to title case, e.g., "RED HANDGUN" became "Red Handgun".

I would like to get back the old/original case. It gives +10 to nostalgia, it is charming, and it makes it easier to spot rare items (especially when organizing your bank, looking for some specific item, or when selling stuff in the shop, and you have a rare item which is grey instead of yellow because you can't use it).

In this locked thread there was some discussion about this, where Sodaboy said:

Sodaboy said:
I will remove the file from the patch server on 9/17/2015 but not before then.

Does this mean that we can now overwrite the relevant file to change the rare names back to the original upper case? If yes, how can I do that? In the linked thread I read that it's the file "unitxt_j.prs", but I see only unreadable text when trying to open it in a text editor.

Oh, and maybe someone already did this and could share the file?

Sorry, this is no longer supported. I've updated the patch server to send all files necessary to switch the language of the client depending on the language you choose on the Ship Select. This includes free roam quest data, the unitxt file, and other things that skin the game.

Since people could change to Japanese by picking Japanese and reconnecting to the game, they have to be able to switch back to English by switching back to English.

OK, now this is supported again. :p

"Custom" has been added to the list of options on the Ship Select and usable through /lang.

If you set your language preference to "Custom", the only thing the patch server will send you is object counts for maps as well as the latest executable with IME disabled.

You can use the "Custom" preference to place whatever textures and text files you want in your data folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back