General purpose PSOBB launcher

Eidolon

Hey everyone, here another small tool I threw together for an experiment. This is a custom launcher that injects some code temporarily into PSOBB.exe as it starts to patch the login and patch server as well as the version string to configured values, to easily switch between servers. Not sure how much use it is, but I may extend it further to allow for some in-memory binary patches like widescreen. This avoids the need of patching the actual files.

The tool uses Windows Presentation Forms on .NET so as long as your Wine installation has the mono runtime bridge and is a recent version, you should be able to run it under wine. I haven't tested this though.

This code is incomplete so I'm not providing a built binary quite yet, but it's very easy to build using MSVC. You can find the source here, on my personal git server. I didn't build this with public use in mind, having just made it as an experiment for other injection-related modding, but if I choose to continue working on it I'll be moving it to GitHub. I will probably make a similar tool for Phantasy Star Universe.

This should work with any conventional 1.25.10 or 1.25.13 binary without GameGuard, even if it's compressed or encrypted.

Back