GC expat, looking for a team

Ray Shaw

I played rather a lot of PSOv2 on the Gamecube; I think my FOmar was 150 and RAmar was around 120-130. Also had a few other characters (HUnewearl, RAcaseal, FOnewm) that weren't quite out of V.hard yet.

These servers came to my attention a week or two ago, and since I'd never gotten to play Episode 4, thought I'd give it a shot. Going to roll with a RAmarl and FOmarl this time around and see what happens (the RAmarl will be first, to fund the FOmarl, and is 16 as of this writing).

I don't know if people on this server generally team up for difficulties below Ultimate, but I do like team play, so I'm up for anything. If not, I'll just lurk until I'm ready to be more useful. I've not done Challenge mode before, so very interested in that as well. A little busy until the end of this month (I'm in a rock opera), but after that I'd expect to be on at least a few days per week.

So, hi, and hope to see you planetside.

NICE! Another fan of the GC version that is back for more PSO. Welcome to Ephinea Ray. To give you a quick answer, you don't really need to be part of a team to play here at all. A lot of players play with pretty much everyone on the server and some of us provide a lot of help for newcomers too. You'll also see a LOT of rooms that are "open" when you check the counter in the lobby. There are still a few things you may want that are "team privilege" like the dressing room to change your costume etc. Still, it's up to you if you really want to join a team and some of them will probably welcome you with wide opened arms if you ask. I wish you luck and tons of fun with us on Ephinea. Also, there are a few notable features available on the server that were not present on the GC version. Commands like /bank and /modsecid are very useful and I recommand you look on the Forum to get "updated" for this version of the game. Oh, and don't be afraid to ask people if you're not sure about something. See ya on Pioneer 2. Cheers! :D

Hope your expatise helps you in your endeavours. Welcome. Hello. See ya around.

I played rather a lot of PSOv2 on the Gamecube; I think my FOmar was 150 and RAmar was around 120-130. Also had a few other characters (HUnewearl, RAcaseal, FOnewm) that weren't quite out of V.hard yet.

These servers came to my attention a week or two ago, and since I'd never gotten to play Episode 4, thought I'd give it a shot. Going to roll with a RAmarl and FOmarl this time around and see what happens (the RAmarl will be first, to fund the FOmarl, and is 16 as of this writing).

I don't know if people on this server generally team up for difficulties below Ultimate, but I do like team play, so I'm up for anything. If not, I'll just lurk until I'm ready to be more useful. I've not done Challenge mode before, so very interested in that as well. A little busy until the end of this month (I'm in a rock opera), but after that I'd expect to be on at least a few days per week.

So, hi, and hope to see you planetside.
Hios Ray Ray! As other comrades have stated, "Teams" aren't as mission critical to further your gameplay or level up. But you Will find a plethora of guardian angels to help keep your sanity. Challenge mode is alive and well here. We'd prolly suggest you avoid EP4 like the plague for bit until you're not so.....squishy. EP4 is a bit of RAngers Bane... you'll see what we mean if u poke your nose into it >=3. Welcome Home! =3

Thanks, everyone. 35 so far, and I finally got the controls the way I want them (or, as good as they're going to get due to the weird interaction between the built-in controller support and joytokey, but I think I'm good with it). Mostly solo so far, but I've been in a few Normal/Hard pickup games. Most of them are Ultimate, as I expected (which is fine; I'd almost always level a new character offline until 80+ on the GC anyway), but the 300% exp rate is quite nice for getting there sooner.

One of the main things you'll want to note is the PSO2 drop option. When creating a game, this will give you the option to let everyone have their own drops on your section ID. It lowers the overall chance of a drop for every additional player that joins, but you never have to worry about anyone sniping loot.

Welcome to the server!

What I've mostly been having to worry about is losing my connection. I don't know if it's Comcast, the servers, my wireless router, the card in my PC, etc. But I actually lost my first rare (was probably just a badge or PD, but still) to that. So I rush over and nab them anyway.

It's not THAT bad, but is occasionally frustrating (like that first time). If things are generally solid for everyone else, I'll have to look into the other possible causes (can't really fix Comcast without, well, legislation probably, but my AP is so old it only supports 802.11b; it handled two WoW players and an FFXI player on Comcast in the past, but maybe it's failing, who knows?)

Yeah, the server is generally pretty stable, so I'd start with your connection. Could be a router/modem problem or it could be your provider. Every time your connection drops, I'd log the time and then after 2-3 drops, call Comcast and have them take a look at it. Hopefully they can fix it remotely but if not, have them come out if needed. I've had to call Cox 6 times since I started playing here a couple of months ago because almost every night I'd drop out at least once. They've been to my house three times haha. But I think I've finally gotten a stable connection.

Welcome to Ephinea, BTW. :)

Back