Game update v1483 released (ゲームアップデート v1483)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
So, let me just HUMBLY APOLOGIZE to start out this post. I realize I have put out a few updates quickly in the span of a day or two for a niche mode, but I have been meaning to tweak Anguish for a while and I should have let some ideas bake more in my head as well as test more before releasing the initial update.

That said, uh, yeah, here's another one... and this one will be the last one for a while. I promise!

v1483 was just released and it's, again, another adjustment for Anguish. I guess the Freeze and EVP Anguish updates were a swing and a MISS.

I think Freeze became too strong in Anguish and EVP may have been set too high, so Anguish just became a manner of spamming Freeze Traps to win.

Thus, with v1483, I'm taking another swing at adjusting things again and making Freeze weak but also reducing EVP.

Not only is Freeze weaker than even before in the old Anguish, but it also has a 50% chance to fail to be applied.

The Arrest frame boost was NOT reverted, though Confusion frames HAVE received a slight adjustment.

Anguish NEW Freeze lengths (50% chance to fail on any difficulty):
A1: 114 frames
A2: 84 frames
A3: 66 frames
A4: 52 frames
A5: 42 frames
A6: 36 frames
A7: 31 frames
A8: 26 frames
A9: 23 frames
A10: 20 frames

Anguish NEW Confusion lengths:
A1: 228 frames
A2: 168 frames
A3: 133 frames
A4: 104 frames
A5: 85 frames
A6: 72 frames
A7: 63 frames
A8: 52 frames
A9: 46 frames
A10: 41 frames

Again, apologies for all the updates, but I promise this is the last patch in regard to Anguish for a long time.

If EVP still feels a little too unfair (though it should be challenging still, especially on the highest difficulties), I can further tweak it without a patch as that's adjusted by the ship when a game is created. The parameters for monster stats are adjustable without needing to restart the ships as well.

Thanks for understanding and thank you for playing on Ephinea!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
まず初めに、Anguishモードに関して細かい調整が続いてしまい申し訳ございません。
とはいえ、これがAngusihに関するアップデートはひと段落すると思います!

今回リリースされたv1483も、Anguishに関する調整です。
凍結のバフとエネミー回避値の上昇は、イマイチな試みでした。
凍結がAnguishにおいて強力になりすぎて、また敵の回避値が高く設定されすぎたため、Anguishはただフリーズトラップを連発して敵を倒していくというやり方になってしまったかと思います。

そのためv1483では凍結を下方修正しつつ、敵の回避値も下げるという調整を取ることにしました。
凍結は以前のAnguishより弱くなっただけでなく、50%の確率で失敗するようになっています。
混乱の効果時間にも微調整が入っていますが、麻痺の効果時間は前回のバフから据え置きとなります。

Anguishモードにおける凍結持続時間 (50%の確率で失敗):
A1: 114 フレーム
A2: 84 フレーム
A3: 66 フレーム
A4: 52 フレーム
A5: 42 フレーム
A6: 36 フレーム
A7: 31 フレーム
A8: 26 フレーム
A9: 23 フレーム
A10: 20 フレーム

Anguishモードにおける混乱持続時間:
A1: 228 フレーム
A2: 168 フレーム
A3: 133 フレーム
A4: 104 フレーム
A5: 85 フレーム
A6: 72 フレーム
A7: 63 フレーム
A8: 52 フレーム
A9: 46 フレーム
A10: 41 フレーム

改めて、更新が連続してしまいご迷惑をおかけしましたが、これでAnguishに関するパッチがひと段落したことを約束します。

もし回避値がまだ不公平すぎると感じたら調整が入る可能性がありますが、これらの数値はクライアントにパッチをあてることなくサーバ側で調整が可能です。

いつもEphineaでプレイしていただきありがとうございます!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also thinking that Anguish will be sort of a future playground for fixes that may be applied to the game so as to not affect the base game at all.

For example, we plan to do the following fixes for Anguish in the future:

- Mericarol stats (Mericarol's stats are currently a copy of Meriltas in Multiplayer and not that of a proper miniboss)
- Weapon attributes not working for CCA minibosses
- Weapon attributes not working for Olga 2
- Olga 2, Pofuilly Slime, Pouilly Slime, Vol Opt, EP2 Sinows, and Gi Gue not being affected by tech boosts
- EP2 Delsabers and their huge attack range when they jump
- Whatever else we decide to tinker with.

There may also be possibly the introduction of an Anguish "0" (or sort of a "Remix" mode) which will essentially be Ultimate mode with ONLY fixes and no other Anguish adjustments.

This way people who want to play PSO like before can do so but people who want to try some adjusted content can also do so as well.

I'm very happy to hear that a variant of the previously suggested Maricarol fixes are still on the table. I hope that you can get them to a point where people approve of them.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS??? Anguish 1 and monsters barely stay frozen off a 30h Snow Queen that i busted my butt to get. FOR WHAT? 50% chance to fail ? Look idk who is putting these ideas in your head, but i have been on Ephinea since the early beginning and i have spent many years collecting my gear and loot for literally no reason at this point. At least thats how its starting to feel? Sad, meanwhile Casts are OP as could be and we are editing freeze???????? DUDE WTH is going on. Please make the smart decision and revert back to how it originally was, otherwise I have officially retired until further notice and im sure many others will do the same. Are you purposely trying to kill your player base or community ? Because this is the way to do it. Can we stop messing around with stuff like this ??? Im so confused i love this game so much its my childhood game and now i dont even want to play it after this update. Discouraging & Disheartening.

Do, whatever you like with anguish or better remover it, just dont touch 4 basic diffculties with basic gameplay.
Dont repeat mistakes schtserv, laconia and ultima's, which destroyed them.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS??? Anguish 1 and monsters barely stay frozen off a 30h Snow Queen that i busted my butt to get. FOR WHAT? 50% chance to fail ? Look idk who is putting these ideas in your head, but i have been on Ephinea since the early beginning and i have spent many years collecting my gear and loot for literally no reason at this point. At least thats how its starting to feel? Sad, meanwhile Casts are OP as could be and we are editing freeze???????? DUDE WTH is going on. Please make the smart decision and revert back to how it originally was, otherwise I have officially retired until further notice and im sure many others will do the same. Are you purposely trying to kill your player base or community ? Because this is the way to do it. Can we stop messing around with stuff like this ??? Im so confused i love this game so much its my childhood game and now i dont even want to play it after this update. Discouraging & Disheartening.
You need to take a step back. Instead of throwing around baseless accusations, if you have legitimate concern why don't you try rationally and kindly bringing them up; Sodaboy has been nothing but open to suggestions when talked to like a person. Don't expect saying "please" and "thank you" will mean anything will change, but at the least he will listen and show you the same respect you show him.

• i have spent many years collecting my gear and loot for literally no reason at this point.
So you've spent years enjoying a game for free and only just now have an issue worth raising concern about?
Instead of getting mad, how about a thank you for the dedication to running the server for the years you've enjoyed it and the content added.

• Please make the smart decision and revert back
Do not presume YOU know the smart decision. If it was the wrong decision it will most likely be changed promptly. Did you pay enough attention to see Sodaboy adjusted this a few times already? Clearly, he cares enough to work on getting it right for the longevity of the server, both in drop balance and in enjoyment level. A single player, be it looking for a different way to play, focused on easy drops, or just plain inexperienced, A single player full stop, does not have ultimate insight on knowing the 'smart decision' and how changes to the base game will offer a greater or lesser experience.

• Are you purposely trying to kill your player base or community ?
In what possible world could you come to this conclusion? Rocky adjustments or not, the effort to balance extra modes that weren't even in the base game and the passion to potentially add even more such as the "Remix" mode for another new experience; along with the foresight to make it opt-in/opt-out to keep the vanilla game completely available for those who want the same game they grew up with shows anything but trying to kill the player base.

• Can we stop messing around with stuff like this ???
NO, WE CAN'T AND WON'T STOP! You can't please all of the people all of the time, but that won't stop the server from making changes. If you demanded the same thing of Sega/Sonic Team we wouldn't have PSOv2, ep2, ep4, or numerous other needed changes.

• otherwise I have officially retired until further notice
Good. If you're that entitled and rude, you aren't wanted. If you can come back with a level head, kindness in your heart and the ability to discuss concerns like an adult instead of going straight for the attack, there is no reason you wouldn't be wanted back. For now though, you aren't adding anything but needless drama.

You need to take a step back. Instead of throwing around baseless accusations, if you have legitimate concern why don't you try rationally and kindly bringing them up; Sodaboy has been nothing but open to suggestions when talked to like a person. Don't expect saying "please" and "thank you" will mean anything will change, but at the least he will listen and show you the same respect you show him.

• i have spent many years collecting my gear and loot for literally no reason at this point.
So you've spent years enjoying a game for free and only just now have an issue worth raising concern about?
Instead of getting mad, how about a thank you for the dedication to running the server for the years you've enjoyed it and the content added.

• Please make the smart decision and revert back
Do not presume YOU know the smart decision. If it was the wrong decision it will most likely be changed promptly. Did you pay enough attention to see Sodaboy adjusted this a few times already? Clearly, he cares enough to work on getting it right for the longevity of the server, both in drop balance and in enjoyment level. A single player, be it looking for a different way to play, focused on easy drops, or just plain inexperienced, A single player full stop, does not have ultimate insight on knowing the 'smart decision' and how changes to the base game will offer a greater or lesser experience.

• Are you purposely trying to kill your player base or community ?
In what possible world could you come to this conclusion? Rocky adjustments or not, the effort to balance extra modes that weren't even in the base game and the passion to potentially add even more such as the "Remix" mode for another new experience; along with the foresight to make it opt-in/opt-out to keep the vanilla game completely available for those who want the same game they grew up with shows anything but trying to kill the player base.

• Can we stop messing around with stuff like this ???
NO, WE CAN'T AND WON'T STOP! You can't please all of the people all of the time, but that won't stop the server from making changes. If you demanded the same thing of Sega/Sonic Team we wouldn't have PSOv2, ep2, ep4, or numerous other needed changes.

• otherwise I have officially retired until further notice
Good. If you're that entitled and rude, you aren't wanted. If you can come back with a level head, kindness in your heart and the ability to discuss concerns like an adult instead of going straight for the attack, there is no reason you wouldn't be wanted back. For now though, you aren't adding anything but needless drama.
Well first off, I am apart of the team Monolith. Our team is dedicated to helping all of the new players that find or otherwise end up joining Ephinea. Ive spent most of my time on the server just to help new players and get them started. Yet i don't appreciate the game? You have no idea what i have done for the community here and have always continued to do for years. Just because I am not always active on the forums and have a busy life does not indicate the fact that I don't appreciate the server and yes I have concerns now so I am voicing them on the Forums? Thats what I am supposed to do. I pity you for assuming that. I constantly promote Ephinea and tell people it is the best PSO server to EVER EXIST. Calling me entitled and rude would be needless drama in itself since you dont know me and you are insulting me? You assuming i have pure malice is sick. I care very much about the players and the community here and you don't know me from a can of paint, so don't assume? ;)
Yes making major game changes all of a sudden can without a doubt kill your player base/community, so regardless of how confused you are on how I ended up at this conclusion i HIGHLY suggest you take a step back and realize how this can and will affect many players with little to no say by them. Especially considering the veteran members like myself who have been here since the start do not appreciate this whatsoever. However to tell me I do not appreciate the server ? That I love very much and have spent YEARS worth of time helping countless players get started on ? You could not be more wrong and ridiculous. You should never assume about people when you dont even know them. I will pray for you! Again, I believe the SMART decision would be to revert back or maybe just do away with Anguish all together at this point, but that is simply a suggestion, nothing more. I hope this will all be settled peacefully one way or another.

I really like how things like this are talked about, how they're presented, how community input is appreciated, yet staff are capable of making hard decisions. You can't please everyone all the time, but you can try and make a server the way you like and adjust it accordingly.

I personally like the option of "Anguish 0", so people truly have a choice in what to play. And I'd like more people to play Anguish in general. Having decent gear with decent playtime will make earlier stages rather obsolete, yet the rearranging of the drop table and adding Anguish can make Forest as difficult as you want it to be.

As far as I'm concerend, keep up the good work! I may not be active all the time, but whenever I am I truly enjoy it. A huge thanks from me!

As someone who was (is) critical of how HC mode was handled, Anguish is completely different. This is more of a bonus toy to play with if your gear is good enough or you want a challenge. I like having the option but there’s no real room to complain about trying changes on it IMO.

That’s not even taking into consideration that there was a fundamental flaw with enemy movement speed and by removing that, you have to make Anguish harder somehow to make up for it. Soda is trying different methods to do so. (I think the 50% fail on freeze is the wrong solution - nerf/buff stats, don’t introduce completely new failure points - but the man’s gotta cook).

I say keep the changes coming. Go wild. Reduce trap radius while you’re at it!

Anguish isn't, and will never be, the main PSO mode on this server.

It's just something for fun and challenge I added a while back.

I'm sorry you feel like you should retire due to changes in a for funsies mode, but you're allowed to feel some type of way.

That said, as someone who shan't be made told me, "Freeze completely trivialises the regular game so something to make it not do so is not a bad idea for anguish". I agree with this.

If your only way to deal with monsters and PSO as a whole is to use freeze, maybe you should try to adapt and find a new way to deal with them. You can always just play regular Ultimate mode if you're only able to play the game by freezing enemies and killing them while they can't move or otherwise evade your attacks.

Maybe the 50% fail was the wrong way, again, to go about nerfing freeze or maybe I should have buffed something else to compensate as well. (Well, Arrest WAS buffed and still is...)

Welcome to any suggestions to Freeze, or Anguish adjustments in general, anyone else may have other than MAKE FREEZE GREAT AGAIN, because it won't ever be on this mode... but maybe it could still use a bit of tweaking. But do accept that it won't be as strong as Ultimate mode and that's the point.

I haven't played with Anguish enough to really comment on how it's handled, but I appreciate making it more then just inflating enemy stats. It makes it feel like a real difficulty adjustment, kind of like how some enemies and bosses change from Very Hard to Ultimate

I think some changes to nerf Android's freeze traps are necessary. Sega had the foresight to reduce the amount of damage from Devil's/Demon's specials on them in ultimate mode, I presume because it would make them too good at everything if they did the full damage. Since there was no Anguish in vanilla PSOBB, it's not unreasonable to expect changes to classes in harder custom difficulties

Dude. That's completely unacceptable. We can't even do anguish as a team without snow queen. To be truthful, it was hard enough before. I would solo A10 and it was rough but doable. As a team, we were BARELY able to do it WITH snow queen working properly. They really shouldn't nerf it so bad the we as a team CAN'T do it. That's just unacceptable.

Sounds like a skill issue.

Again, it is supposed to be difficult. You’re not supposed to just run in there and freeze everything to kill.

Find another strategy, suggest a change (that isn’t just making freeze the be all, end all) or don’t play Anguish.

If you can't cope with anguish then simply don't make anguish games. It's not there for your benefit; it's purely made to have an extra mode for fun, not to take away from the core game.

Also, I don't see how people don't see these changes as a buff, less EVP = easier to hit. Removed extra movement speed = easily stun-locked and cheese-able enemies (walls/corners). Reducing the freeze time and making it weaker in general doesn't counter-act how amazing having no speed is.

And sure the floor pattern is a nerf but that makes sense as it goes along with the progression of other boosts, as it should be so people don't abuse A1 and actually play the levels (if they wish to), but that has nothing to do with the difficulty of the mode but just the rewards ~ (which is an extra bonus to us all in a game mode that doesn't exist normally; if they so please they could just remove all benefits and rewards and just have anguish 100% for fun).

Last edited:
, suggest a change (that isn’t just making freeze the be all, end all)
Could freeze effects be converted into slow effects in Anguish? No idea on how long the effects would need to last, but it would make “freeze” less all-or-nothing. Or if it was possible a few frames of freeze followed by a slow effect.

Radius nerfs and/or target limit nerfs on traps also sound good, but I’m a fleshy player so I’m not sure what is really appropriate there.

I’m all for the Anguish changes but I think commons should be pattern 4 4 4 for all areas even in base Ultimate. These are virtually impossible hunts, so being able to choose the scenery for your years-long, or even decades-long hunt- would be better.

I’m all for the Anguish changes but I think commons should be pattern 4 4 4 for all areas even in base Ultimate. These are virtually impossible hunts, so being able to choose the scenery for your years-long, or even decades-long hunt- would be better.
That and, with the recent change to weapon specials, finding good percents + good specials is going to be that much more hard and grindy :(

Sounds like a skill issue.

Again, it is supposed to be difficult. You’re not supposed to just run in there and freeze everything to kill.

Find another strategy, suggest a change (that isn’t just making freeze the be all, end all) or don’t play Anguish.
Issue with this is, both Bloodshed and I have been playing this game since gamecube was the newest system. I can still solo A10, so if I can solo it, there's no reason it should be impossible as a team. I do it without freezing or paralyzing when solo. It definitely isn't our skill.

Many a nerves are touched here today.

In the end I think Soda said it right; just don't play Anguish if you don't like the upcoming changes. All this talk about how much of a server-elder one might be, or threatening to leave, doesn't add anything here imho. I'm positive any disagreements or worries can be vocalised in a more constructive manner. If anything, people are more prone to take them seriously then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back