Game update for August 27th, 2022 (8/27 ゲームアップデート)

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
EDIT: Just put a small update to the update, because I wasn't even doing a calculation for dgVoodoo's VRAM size when set to auto. (Was always 2048MB.)

Alright! Welcome to the latest Ephinea game update!

The following changes were made to the game:

- Added new options to the launcher to further control dgVoodoo options. (The new launcher will download AFTER you try to connect to the server!)

For dgVoodoo, you can now adjust...

+ The presentation model
+ VRAM size
+ Windowed/fullscreen ALT+enter toggle
(This is a VERY useful feature which allows you to run PSO in Windowed mode, but you can press ALT+ENTER at any time to toggle between Windowed and Fullscreen mode.)
+ Phong shading

- Added some internal shaders to the game. You can now enable Bloom, Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field from the launcher. The strength of these effects can be altered by editing the effectparams.txt file in the EphineaPSO folder.

I know things like ReShade and/or ENB that do exist. But, there are some of us who don't want to install or configure either.

Also, having shaders that are built into the game, I have more control as to where they are executed so they don't interfere with certain things like the HUD.

- Added keyboard shortcuts to toggle shaders in-game.

CTRL+B: Toggles Bloom on or off.
CTRL+F: Toggles Depth of Field on or off.
CTRL+O: Toggles strength of Ambient Occlusion between low, medium, high and off.
CTRL+L: Reloads shader effect values from effectparams.txt and applies them immediately.

Please note: You'll need /shortcuts enabled to use the keyboard shortcuts. Also, shaders do not work with Direct3D 8.

- Improved the quality of any antialiasing options utilizing SSAA by generating mipmaps.

- Added the option to always capture screenshots using the back buffer, which prevents add-ons from being captured, giving you a more pure screenshot from the game.

- Also, did you know that on Windows 11, you can run PSO in HDR with dgVoodoo? Simply enable the Direct3D 11 or 12 API in the launcher and also enable Windows 11's AutoHDR feature.

If you have a nice HDR monitor or HDR TV hooked up to your PC, the results can be phenomenal! LG C2 user here who is very happy with the results!

I know some of you don't care about graphic updates, but I do! I just want to let you know, I think I'm pretty much done with graphical updates to Ephinea for a bit, so you can breathe easy!

That said, however, I may still have to update it to fix some bugs caused by the current update (should any major ones be discovered). Thank you for understanding!

We hope you enjoy the update and, as always, thank you for playing on Ephinea!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
今回のアップデートで、Ephineaに以下の変更が実施されました。

• ランチャーにdgVoodooの新しいオプションを追加し、さらに詳細な設定が出来る様になりました。
    • 新しいランチャーは、ゲームを起動してサーバに接続する際にダウンロードされます。
  • dgVoodooで調整できるようになったのは以下の点です。
    • プレゼンテーションモデル
    • VRAMサイズ
    • Alt+Enterによるウィンドウ/フルスクリーンモードの切り替え
      • これは非常に便利な機能で、Alt+Enterを押せばゲーム内でいつでもウィンドウモードとフルスクリーンモードを切り替えることができます。
    • フォンシェーディング
  • ゲーム内部のシェーダーをいくつか追加しました。ランチャーからブルーム、アンビエントオクルージョン、被写界深度を有効化できるようになっています。
    これらの効果の強さはEphineaPSOフォルダー内のeffectparams.txtファイルを編集することで変更可能です。
    • 既存でもReShadeやENBというものはありますが、追加でインストールや設定作業をしたくないという方もいらっしゃるかと思います。
      また、ゲームに組み込まれたシェーダーがあれば、HUDのような特定のものに干渉しないように、シェーダーを実行する箇所をより詳細にコントロールすることができます。
  • ゲーム内でシェーダーを切り替えるためのキーボードショートカットを追加しました。
    • CTRL+B: ブルームのオン/オフを切り替えます。
    • CTRL+F: 被写界深度のオン/オフを切り替えます。
    • CTRL+O: アンビエントオクルージョンの強さを低、中、高、オフの間で切り替えます。
    • CTRL+L: effectparams.txtからシェーダ効果の値を再ロードし、すぐに適用します。
    • ※注意:キーボードショートカットを有効にするには /shortcuts コマンドで事前に有効にする必要があります。また、シェーダーはDirect3D 8では動作しません。
  • ミップマップを生成することにより、SSAAを利用したアンチエイリアシングオプションの品質を向上させました。

• ゲームからより純粋なスクリーンショットを得られるように、スクリーンショットを常にバックバッファでキャプチャするオプションを追加しました。これにより、アドオンのUIがないスクリーンショットを撮影できます!

• また、Windows 11では、dgVoodooを使用してPSOをHDRで実行できることをご存知でしょうか?ランチャーでDirect3D 11または12 APIを有効にし、Windows 11のAutoHDR機能も有効にするだけです。
    HDRモニターやHDRテレビをPCに接続すれば、素晴らしい結果が得られると思います!
グラフィックのアップデートを気に掛けない方もいらっしゃると思いますが、私は気にします!
ただ、Ephineaのグラフィック関連のアップデートはこれにてほぼ終了ですので、ご安心を。

とはいえ、今回のアップデートで何か大きなバグが発見された場合は、修正のために再アップデートしなければならないかもしれません。
ご理解のほど、よろしくお願いします

このアップデートを楽しんでいただけますと幸いです。
そしていつも通り、Ephineaでプレイしていただきありがとうございます!

Last edited:
This is great! I was very excited to see this. There are a bunch of options that I don't understand, can they be explained a bit more? Like, the dgVoodoo presentation model, and what is Phong shading? Also, with other shaders like reshade and enb, the type of fog changed the visuals dramatically, is that the case with this aswell?
I'm not sure if this would be classed as a bug, but it seems the AO trails behind a bit when moving the camera angle.

This is great! I was very excited to see this. There are a bunch of options that I don't understand, can they be explained a bit more? Like, the dgVoodoo presentation model, and what is Phong shading? Also, with other shaders like reshade and enb, the type of fog changed the visuals dramatically, is that the case with this aswell?
I'm not sure if this would be classed as a bug, but it seems the AO trails behind a bit when moving the camera angle.
Yeah, that is just how the AO implementation is. Probably should find another algorithm.

You only really notice it strong in certain places like the shop and next to the lobby counter.

Probably can see it elsewhere if you're really looking for it and know what to look for... But, if you're just playing the game, probably not a big deal. :p

Well, for dgVoodoo, the presentation model is how the swap chain is handled. It's sort of a technical thing, but anything flip is usually better for modern hardware.

You can read up more on flip models here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3ddxgi/dxgi-flip-model (DirectX documentation)

Phong shading, well, you can just Google that. It's an option but not sure how it affects PSO, but I added it anyway since DGV supports it. (Not even sure if it changes anything major for PSO... LOL. )

Fog definitely changes the visuals a bit. The current version of DGV we have only supports Pixel Fog. The developer made a hotfix for Vertex Fog to work properly but I haven't deployed it yet, because I haven't got around to testing it.

I'll check it out soon.

is there a /command to make it toggle the screenshot from back buffer on and off? alot of times i want it off but sometimes id like it on.

is there a /command to make it toggle the screenshot from back buffer on and off? alot of times i want it off but sometimes id like it on.
Negative.

I mostly added the clean capture method of capturing because the previous was not compatible with dgVoodoo for D3D11/12.

Perhaps I'll add a toggle later via command for the other APIs.

Negative.

I mostly added the clean capture method of capturing because the previous was not compatible with dgVoodoo for D3D11/12.

Perhaps I'll add a toggle later via command for the other APIs.
Thx Soda!

Back