Game keeps crashing.

AyoRocz

Hi,

I keep having the issue where my game crashes after I or someone shoots a gun. To be more specific about the issue, I load into a map (I have tried all 4 ep1 maps) and I can shoot both into the air and to objects in the default behind the back position no problem. But the moment I turn to the side or have a frontal view of my character when I use the heavy shot it crashes. I have tested this with another in my team and have the same results as well as just crashing if they shoot at all while I'm on the same map even if I'm out of view. I have followed all the steps listen in the FAQs about the DEP and Windows Defender. I have redownloaded/reinstalled 3 times and redid the steps every time I do. I'm running the game on default settings on Win 10 as admin on both the launcher and psobb.exe. May I please get some assistance with this as I am perplexed.

Don't know what else to tell you or what other assistance we can provide.

Usually following the DEP and Windows Defender steps is all you need to solve your issue, unless you have a bad download or another process interfering.

Maybe someone else can chime in. Either way it goes, I do hope you can figure out the problem!

Thank you for your input! just to clarify the PsoBB exe is the only file I am supposed to allow correct?

I’d whitelist the folder or at the very least the EXE and DLL.

In windef I have whitelisted I have.

Bit of an update,
When I cranked the game to Max everything the moment I shoot it crashes. when it's on the lowest reso possible I can take about 2 heavy shots before it crashes.
Edit: when I am in fullscreen mode at my monitor's reso it crashes after a shot.
Edit 2: The lower the resolution I am the more shots I can stake before the game poops. seems like the only time I crash is then the character in question either facing me or facing to the right.

Last edited:
I’ve only ever seen that happen with DEP still enabled. Maybe double check your settings to make sure it saved. Also restart your PC after disabling DEP or adding an exception. Really, out of ideas!

He already fixed it. (Discord quote)

[1:41 PM] Ayoorocz: My DEP was set to always on even after I set it to off in Cmd. So I had to get down and dirty deep in my core files
[1:41 PM] Ayoorocz: And now I set it to the proper setting and boom worked like a charm

Thanks for your assist, though!

Back