Game gets stuck on an image after zoning in from a telepipe but isn't frozen

Cosmic

If you squint really hard i look cool
Guildcard
After zoning in from a pipe my display will freeze but the sound will still be playing. I'll still be able to access menus and walk around etc, but the image will be frozen on the frame my character spawns in from a pipe. I've tried playing in different resolutions, different graphic settings, alt tabbing to get it to unfreeze, and checking the logs for any info but since my game isn't crashing there's nothing there. I'm also using a modified .pac that makes special and heavy attacks not make any noise, and a texture for high res technique effects.

I'm attaching photos of what the freezing looks like and what settings I use. Running on an EVEGA RTX 3090 card with 64 gb of ram, Windows 11, i7 12700k if that helps at all. I'm probably not using the settings properly would be my guess, if that's the case forgive my ignorance.

Pipe freezing problem.pngsettings 1.pngsettings 2.pngsettings 3.png

Maybe your system has trouble with that Direct3D API. Did you try a different Direct3D API in the launcher options?

If not, try Direct3D 8 or 9, and if the issue still occurs, try after enabling slow burst through the /slowburst command (you should see loading screens when changing area).

Thank you! Changing my Direct3D API from 12 to 8 not only fixed my issue but my game looks sharper than it did before.

Back