Game doesn't support portrait resolutions

Dumdedoo

Guildcard
Not even in window mode :(

As this game is a 4:3 I taught to get the best of my screen to use. Turn it portrait, have psobb on top part of my screen then a skype convo I'm usually in below it. the game crashes immediately when I start it up. If I go to Landscape again. the game starts regularly. but as soon as I change it back to portrait it crashes once again. but this time showing the weirdest error message with only PSOBB readable.

Not necessarily a game breaking bug but how can something supporting window mode force me to have landscape resolution. :cry:

What is portrait and landscape in your mind? BB's default aspect ratio is 4:3, and you can use tofuman's widescreen launcher to get 16:9, but I'm not sure what problem you're having. You can't use other tools to change BB's aspect ratio, as the window does not allow you to freely resize it. It holds its AR when you resize the window, so it may crash if you try to force it into some weird shape.

Even if the window would fit in the screen it will crash if your monitor is set to portrait mode.
I'm assuming this is what the OP means. I just tried it and it does indeed crash.

Oh, so he's talking about some sort of Windows feature. Thanks. PSO also doesn't support anything to do with the UAC; if you get a prompt that dims the screen, that will crash PSO, too.

You don't need to tell me that; I killed the UAC on day 1. I was just mentioning another Windows "feature" that PSO doesn't like.

Esc said:
Even if the window would fit in the screen it will crash if your monitor is set to portrait mode.
I'm assuming this is what the OP means. I just tried it and it does indeed crash.

Exactly what I meant. As I tried to explain I wanted to use playing like this so I use a better % of my monitor while having psobb and a skype conversation running at the same time in one overview. Oh well. It would have been nice if bb didn't crash when you do that but it's also fine if it will never be addressed.

I'm not sure what I can do about that. That's a limitation of the client and we don't have access to the source code to compile and fix it. Could probably hex edit a fix in, but I don't know much about DirectX and fixing stuff like that.

Back