Game crashing every time I play since last dll update

VengefulGhost

Ether/Ghost
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Hi. I have been having some kind of forceful disconnection from the server fairly frequently starting after the Easter event ended with random disconnects during quests.
It's now occurring every time I play, but seems to be a deliberate pattern as if the server is trying to detect the use of a script or bot and then forcefully disconnecting me from the server. I am running a registered version of Joy2Key V6.5 and a Sanwa 400-JYP62U Series Gamepad. My gamepad has 16 buttons and 3 modes including Xinput, digital only and full range dual analog mode which enables all 16 buttons at once. Using full range mode I have Joy2Key set up to handle my number inputs on the extra buttons as well as a macro for the quick menu. I use the native controller support within PSO for the left analog stick, menu and D-Pad as well as the 4 face buttons. I also use this for the camera centre and menu shift buttons. This setup allows me to have full controller support without needing to access my keyboard during gameplay.
Since the Easter event I have been getting the following message in my error log after the server disconnects me:

CODE: 00000400

[05-22-2022, 21:02:18] ERROR : The game has forcefully terminated itself. This can be caused by unauthorized game

memory or code modification, debugger attachments, or detected cheat programs running on your machine.

Before the update yesterday, these disconnects would occur frequently, but not every time i played. Now the game is unplayable. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

System specifications:
Intel i7 9700k
64GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6800 XT 16GB
3TB NvME Storage
Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 64 Bit Build 19043.1706

The error message pretty much spells it all out for you and should point you in the right direction of solving the problem for yourself.

Something you're using is hooking to the PSO process and modifying program code in memory. This is why it's crashing.

If a utility or application you are using is doing this and causing your game to crash, you can either not use that utility/application or you can not play on Ephinea.

There's nothing else we can do for you at this point.

The error message pretty much spells it all out for you and should point you in the right direction of solving the problem for yourself.

Something you're using is hooking to the PSO process and modifying program code in memory. This is why it's crashing.

If a utility or application you are using is doing this and causing your game to crash, you can either not use that utility/application or you can not play on Ephinea.

There's nothing else we can do for you at this point.
I reached out to Ender and he helped me resolve this. The game was crashing due to bad texture mods in multiple areas. A clean install fixed this. I also had a suggestion from Esther that my Joy2Key Program needed to be run as an administrator in case it was interfering with PSO somehow. I can happily report that my game is now working as it should.

Back