Game Crashing alot.

Poobum

It crashes when I tab to a different window for too long (like 2 minutes ish?). Or if I start up any other program that needs admin priv and brings up a windows confirmation screen. Or if I try to open task manager, and sometimes just crashes randomly.

I've attatched the pso dxdiag log, ignore the name of my PC... why is there a bunch of stuff at the bottom about having shared files with Astroneer? I guess I do run the game from steam so I can send msgs to peeps on my friends list, the crashing occur's the same way if I don't do that.

Attachments

• PSO_BB_dxdiag.txt
    57.1 KB · Views: 28
The only thing you can do is turn off the screen darkening feature for UAC in your OS to prevent the game crashing when administrative permissions are required.

Also, ALT+TABing will crash the game all the time if you're using classic full screen mode.

Nothing you can do, it is just how the game is programmed.

Ok cool. It crashes though alt tabbing in windowed if I don't return back to the window for a few minutes.

Are you using the Firefox web browser, by chance? I don't know if it's ever been fixed, but Firefox can cause it to do that while running in windowed. Other than that, out of ideas, sorry!

Ok cool. It crashes though alt tabbing in windowed if I don't return back to the window for a few minutes.

Are you hiding the window? (eg: moving it off the screen?)

Also yes firefox will crash it.

Back