game closes after logging on

Starklife

On the main page before the character selection screen that has all the info it says patch download done at the bottom of the screen.

"Patch download done."
"If you press enter-key then exit game."

Then rather than taking you to the character selection screen like it normally does (first time it has stopped working like this randomly) it exits the program.

What could have happened? What can I do? It has been working fine for a good month.

Windows 7 ultimate btw.

This happens because the game is unable to patch your data files for some reason.

Make sure that you are opening online.exe to launch the game, and also run everything as administrator so it has the necessary rights.

This happens because the game is unable to patch your data files for some reason.

Make sure that you are opening online.exe to launch the game, and also run everything as administrator so it has the necessary rights.

I literally always launch from the same options menu as told to, and I just reinstalled the entire game and it's still doing the same thing. :(

Do you know what file it is trying to patch?

Do you know what file it is trying to patch?

Nah it doesn't say, it doesn't patch on the options menu though (besides the first time) it only patches when you've logged onto your account in that loading screen before he character window and every time it tries to download a patch or it does and it says patch downloaded.

At one point the language was in Japanese, not sure why, but now it's back in English and when it tries to patch it just says patch downloaded then any button you press exits the game.

At one point the language was in Japanese, not sure why, but now it's back in English and when it tries to patch it just says patch downloaded then any button you press exits the game.

I have my son set up on this computer and he said he accidentally changed the language on the ship selection screen, after which the game was working for awhile but today when we try to log on it just does what I said and closes the game.

Thought maybe I could fix it if I logged into his account from my computer and changed the language back but when I logged in via his account in my computer it did the same thing it has been doing on his computer and now I can't play in my app either. :(

My Friends are experiencing the exact same above. While my Ephinea Launcher doesn't even launch the main game. I've give Launch as Admin to All exe in the %users%\PSO folder that I can give and the game won't launch at all. The only configuration change that was made was the updates from the Ephinea launcher. This is happening on both my Windows 10 Machines for me. If you need example videos or you need a parse log from ProcMonitor or I can provide that to you. My other friends run windows 7 and the above posted is exactly what they've experienced right down to the japanese language error.

It's now working again for me but my friend is still experiencing your same issue. where did you change the language option exactly though? on Ephinea launcher? or ingame PSO?

It's now working again for me but my friend is still experiencing your same issue. where did you change the language option exactly though? on Ephinea launcher? or ingame PSO?

I think there is a language button in the upper right corner of the launcher window. I think I changed that. There was also some weird language tab down on the task bar at the bottom of my computer's screen I think maybe whatever he changed caused my computer to think that we needed that open, I closed it as well. That's about all I can remember doing.

Back