found my first pillar in pso

Sad to say they're not as useful in Blue Burst as Gamecube and Dreamcast but its still pretty cool to see them and activate them.

What TaoChaos said. In the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions, you can't go into the Ruins without all three pillars active. If I recall reading or watching somewhere, there's a barrier that prevents entrance to the Ruins (and a portal that takes you back to Pioneer 2 if you can't enter the Ruins), and it only disappears if all three pillars are activated. That location isn't present during normal gameplay in Blue Burst, so activating the towers isn't necessary (though still nice to do the first time around).

You still have to activate them in a few multiplayer Government quests as you progress through the storyline, though. One of the quests even takes you to the area outside of the Ruins so that you can check the transmitters there before starting the Ruins proper.

I had no idea those were used for something on the gamecube version.

There's something... about your post that I really like @febronia

I'm not sure what the proper word is, but there's an innocence to it. A certain kind of nostalgia, about what it was like to play this game for the first time back in 2004. Something about not knowing what secrets this game held... Maybe I'd play it again if I didn't know every little tiny thing about it...

Maybe it was the title of the thread too, "found my first pillar in pso"

I'd love to go back to those times.

Thanks for posting that. It was refreshing to see.

Back