Forum Upgraded

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Hello, we have just finished performing an upgrade of the forum software to the latest version of XenForo. A lot of stuff has changed.

Immediately, you'll probably notice there is no longer any forum chat at the top of the forum. I didn't feel we needed to pay for the new version of the chat, especially since most conversation happens in the Discord anyhow. You can join our Discord server by clicking this link! (I'll get the widget back on the forum page soon.)

Also, some language options have disappeared as there isn't an official translation for them yet for the latest version of XenForo. If you'd like to help provide a forum translation in your own language for us to use, please download the unmodified English language template at https://files.pioneer2.net/language-English-(EN).xml and submit a modified version for us to upload and use.

Uh, if there is anything else related to the forum upgrade, I'll update this topic as necessary or make a new one.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea and thanks for being a part of the community!

You mean while on your phone? I don't know. I just installed it. I'd imagine just requesting the desktop version of the site would work, but apparently it didn't. I'll check it out when I have a moment.

I believe it's not really mobile view, but rather the page is simply responsive to screen size. Case in point, the view changes on desktop if you decrease the width of your browser window. When I request the desktop version on my phone, it seems to zoom the page out to my phone's actual screen resolution, which effectively disables the narrow screen view.

Yeah, can confirm. That's what it is.

If I load the page on my iPhone and then change the zoom value from 100% to something less, it changes how it looks.

@Sodaboy It'd be nice if the forums had a banner at the top. Everything else looks quite nice, but it looks a bit plain currently.

The update is nice and thank you for the work, but the search function seems to be severely crippled.
I will often go to auctions and search what an item sold for in the past to price check it for myself and others and never recall running into issues, but having done the same just now unless I am missing something it is nearly impossible to find stats of items now because searching something like "red ring 85/85" omits everything but 'ring'
1611973439420.png

I’ll look into it but it says minimum word length is 4 for full text search due to a MySQL default. You can put quotation marks around “Red Ring” and it’ll search for that no problem, though.

Back