Force weapon usage

HamCake

Hi. I havent played PSO since I was a child so I'm probably playing like a child too.

I picked FOnewearl as she's my favourite but I can't kill anything unless I rely solely on TP to attack.

I got Soul Eater thinking I could actually do melee instead of gargling fluids every minute but I still do crappy damage and I only do OK damage with the special attack which rarely connects a hit.

I made a dex/pow mag to equip some weapons, but in the end I still do garbage damage and I end up just going back to my full mind mag and having no normal attack, only spells.

When can I actually kill stuff with a normal weapon like a normal person? I recall using a holy ray on the dreamcast but I'm only level 40 at the moment and probably can't use/find that thing for a long time. I hate running out of fluids so quickly and having to return to town so often because all I do is just use spells.

Oh yeah. And can you change the colour of your mag? Mine is ugly as sin.

Edit: Ah, and I did try to look up some kind of force guide on this forum but they seem to be catered towards Ultimate with some min/maxing stuff I don't quite understand and not really for noobs like me

FOnewearl is basically the worst class ever for weapon usage. That being said, you can indeed make it work. Look for weapons that have low ATP requirements, whilst having high ATP. Weapons such as Vivienne are pretty good for this sort of thing. You could also just resort to using sacrificial Mechguns, however I don't think that would be the best idea for a class such as FOnewearl. It's also worth looking into the Parasols / Umbrellas. They are partisans, all with sacrificial specials, that increase the range of support techniques, making them perfect for FO classes, as well female classes in general. For ranged weapons, Rayguns with Demons, Hell or a sacrificial special would work perfectly. There are also weapons such as Bringer's Rifle, which can be devastating on higher levels. I'd be happy to give you some of this stuff. Also, you can't change the colour of your mag.

If you insist on resorting to melee tactics, you will definitely want to try choosing a different class than FOnewearl. Fortunately, @admiralpit made a guide specifically for FOmar, and @StevieWonderDownUnder made this Force guide. I'm not sure which guides you looked at, but if you have questions about what the authors meant to say, post them below after reading through them. Maybe you like to try out some other guides that I recently found today like @Rune's tips and tricks for FOmarl guide. I would say that FOnewearl is definitely a tempting choice for players that like to use techniques a lot, but I think that FOnewm makes it more worthwhile due to his innate boosts for Gi and Ra Techs that DEEESTROY monsters, especially in episode 4. For more about what makes techniques go BOOM, check this out.

Last edited:
Weapons I use as FOnewearl in all episodes

Glide Divine
Psycho Wand
Magical Piece
Summit Moon
Striker of Chao
Mercurius Rod
Slicer of Fanatic
Any handgun with hell special
Bringer's rifle
Girasole