for the veterans and everyone else

The way the Hit % system works on this game means that, unless you find a 1 in several million drop, you can always find better versions of your weapons. That's what keeps me coming back.

Once you do find the desirable amount of Hit %, you now have the motivation to generate hundreds of PDs to fully upgrade the item via sphereing (assuming the item has a base ATP that warrants it). That means a lot more playtime!

If you played only Forces, I could see this game ending rather quickly, since casting gear is not affected by %s at all, and the only Hit gear needed is relatively obtainable (Bringers and SoF) and doesn't need Enemy %s. (By "rather quickly," it could still take well over 1,500 hours to "finish" a FO because of how rare / expensive Psycho Wand is.)

For non-Forces, the sky is the limit. You could play this game for 25,000 hours and still not have "perfect" gear.

The thrill of the hunt, crushing things with my characters that were very carefully built, and playing with good friends is what keeps me coming back.

Um actually pretty sure fos have gear they want as well with hit.
Excal (for 3)
Guardianna the FO's heaven striker (for 3), which in truth I like this card more than HS
Rambling May (for 1)
Tyrell's Parasol (for 2)
Vivienne (for 2)
Uber charge mechs (for 3)
The chargiest of charge diska (for 3)
The bravest of disk of braveman (for 3)
Super shiny rainbow baton

I could go on.

Considering how 2 of the 4 Fo can easily hold their own in a fight and a 3rd one can do some crazy stuff as well (guardianna stacks with Mother Garb for one)

Also this doesn't factor in level 30 attack techs...and the deal with the devil you have to make to do that set up right.

Forces don't play this game to hunt gear. They play it to babysit a bunch of whiny little brats. Par for the course of healers in MOs.

The pay is bad just like in real life considering how we need far more gear to be good lol.

Though to be fair its really only the female fo that are fully expected to babysit I think, and I'm pretty sure Huney and Ramarl make better babysitters than Fomar and Fonewn as well due to being able to use stuff like Tyrell's parasol.

Yep Fomar is either just one of the kids as well (or grandpa if you want him to heal cause he really needs rr to fight) and Fonewn is the creepy uncle in general.

Easily Battle Mode Rules 2/3/6 for me. I've always been a PvP kind of guy and PSO has been the only "RPG" game I've really enjoyed. Normal Mode and Challenge Mode are fun but I've been playing this game for 17 years and I get bored of PvE rather quickly nowadays.

In Battle Mode I can go up against another human being instead of the 17 year old Booma A.I. and it's pretty cool to see how you rack up against other players when they don't have that trusty target box that they've been clinging to for years. Unfortunately not many people on Ephinea are of the competitive type so finding a good game is rare (although there are about 3 not very active bmoders right now). But when you find a group of equally skilled players for 2v2 and you're able to pull off some ridiculous DT tech parries it looks pretty cool.

Also, watching people get salty is funny. lol

I find enjoyment out of leveling new characters, usually when I get bored of a character (most likely due to getting bored because of being at a high level or desire for a different ID/name) I just re-roll the char. As for doing runs in general I'd rather just solo, the feel of it for me is comfortable than in parties (especially 4P where its pretty hectic for me) however I am fine with duo runs.

As for hunting, focusing on that purely usually leads me down the path of frustration since my anticipation is usually met with disappointment so I'm still learning how to just focus on playing the game for the sake of playing the game and having fun if possible.

Also I prefer to use the not-so-powerful classes since I'll get bored really fast with the ones that are.

Last edited:
Forces don't play this game to hunt gear. They play it to babysit a bunch of whiny little brats. Par for the course of healers in MOs.

I can confirm this. As a FOmarl main, most of my offensive options don't matter even with gear backing it up, so I'm relegated to "Shifta Bitch" unless I feel like stacking techs for mad DMC. I don't mind this one bit, as I can fudge some math in my head to justify the extra hundreds of damage per hit that 30shifta+30zalure is allowing my party to lay down.

I want a high hit SJS hell sword. It'll never happen, so I'll still be here.

I've reached a point only once before where the game truly held nothing left for me to find or do. I'd already played every quest, played through the different modes, obtained at least 1 of every item in the game, and even started to make shit goals up for something to do in game. There were two things at that point that kept me entertained: trading up for more shit I didn't need, and talking to people I've met in game.

Both are fun, especially since it's relatively easy to work this games economy in your favor. Or was anyways. But truly I think there's always interesting people to meet. I've had countless conversations with people in game and I've met so many interesting people too. I've also meet a bunch of wierdos. That social aspect is probably my favorite part of this game.

I've reached a point only once before where the game truly held nothing left for me to find or do. I'd already played every quest, played through the different modes, obtained at least 1 of every item in the game, and even started to make shit goals up for something to do in game. There were two things at that point that kept me entertained: trading up for more shit I didn't need, and talking to people I've met in game.

Both are fun, especially since it's relatively easy to work this games economy in your favor. Or was anyways. But truly I think there's always interesting people to meet. I've had countless conversations with people in game and I've met so many interesting people too. I've also meet a bunch of wierdos. That social aspect is probably my favorite part of this game.
*Rubs against Kevdo-Taichou* You almost sound like you're ready to vanish on us again....=(. But mew's glad to hear you still stick around for the same reasons she does! It's not so much the Game that mew enjoys, it's the PEOPLE she Adores! <3

PSO is an endless vacuum in which the more I play, the more goals and wants I amass.

Well there is a lot to do ...

OHQzclc.jpg

... heeey wait-a-minute! Where-is-griefing?! That's-stuff-is-FUN!

Only when your teammates are dead, waiting to be revived.

*Rubs against Kevdo-Taichou* You almost sound like you're ready to vanish on us again....=(. But mew's glad to hear you still stick around for the same reasons she does! It's not so much the Game that mew enjoys, it's the PEOPLE she Adores! <3
I always go through phases with this game. I'm like your standard capitalist economy: I've got my ups and downs. I'll always stick around for the people though. <3

Only when your teammates are dead, waiting to be revived.

I always go through phases with this game. I'm like your standard capitalist economy: I've got my ups and downs. I'll always stick around for the people though. <3
We WUB you too dammit! <3

Back