Fan-made quests?

Mad

Guildcard
I was under the impression that Ephinea would only contain quests that were available on the official PSOBB servers, no custom/fan-made quests.

But when informing me about the quest "Lost HAVOC VULCAN" ("Retrieval" section), I read that this one is a custom quest made "by Jodin and Aleron Ives".

Is this true? If yes, is it an oversight or is it intentional to offer this quest on Ephinea?

And are there currently any other quests that were never playable on the official servers?

Oversight, we'll remove it. But we would put fan made quests on this server as long as they are quality quests, we have permission to use them, and they don't give out broken rewards.

I'm up for fan made quests too. However as Sodaboy says; The quest will have to be of a good quality. So no monster spams, thoughtless spawn placements and enemy waves. No Sega quest edits (such as TTF variations). Quests should be thoroughly tested also. Small bugs are bound to occur but when there are obvious bugs in the quest which should have been picked up during testing it puts a lot of work on us here.

Also unless authorized no usage of write_global_flag or gset. However read_global_flag and gget would be permitted.

Personally I would prefer not to include fan-made quests. But in case we get them, would it be possible to clearly mark them as fan-made, e.g., by creating a new quest category?

Oh, and wouldn't it then be possible, too, to include original quests from the other PSO version that were not available in PSOBB? Like "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2" (see thread)? (again, marked somehow so that players immediately see that it's not the original PSOBB experience)

Back