Falz and DCing

CeNedra

Woomy~
Guildcard
Wonder how Falz and disconnecting work in terms of not getting exp.

Was playing Falz in free roam with 2 friends, we beat Falz and got exp no problem, me and a friend leveled. Friend got a disconnect error from the game, logged back in and was back to previous level, so the EXP and loot didn't save. I dunno if that is a bug or not. I know on gamecube even if you dc the game still saves to your memory card so you should have kept the EXP but I have no clue how BB handles autosaving in this situation.

It's not a bug, your friend is not using our patch server and is using modified map data.

If that happens, the server just disconnects them and doesn't give them exp.

This only happens in free roam when we check their map data vs. what the server has.

When did this happen? I'm looking at the log, by the way. Typically, if someone disconnects after the boss dies in free roam, it's because there's something wrong with their map data. (We do a monster ID and floor check. If you send the right MID for what Falz should be on floor 14, then you get the exp. If you send the wrong MID, you get disconnected. This is for all bosses.)

It doesn't happen during a quest because we send map data to them during the quest load.

I need to know their GC # to look at the log as well.

Sodaboy said:
When did this happen? I'm looking at the log, by the way. Typically, if someone disconnects after the boss dies in free roam, it's because there's something wrong with their map data. (We do a monster ID and floor check. If you send the right MID for what Falz should be on floor 14, then you get the exp. If you send the wrong MID, you get disconnected. This is for all bosses.)

It doesn't happen during a quest because we send map data to them during the quest load.

I need to know their GC # to look at the log as well.
GC # is the ID number right? If so it's 42000133 (I'm the one who dced in Falz).

Well, there was nothing in the log for your GC having any strange disconnections, just disconnections of your own volition and the server will log any disconnections it forces. No idea what happened to you there. :) Just as stumped as you are.

It was probably a connection hiccup from my side, I guess.
After we defeated Falz, we started checking out the loot, I picked a couple items, was about to destroy another box and got a connection error (error 100, iirc). When I logged back in I was back to the level before we fought Falz and didn't have the items I picked up (they were nothing special anyway). ^^;;

Back