Event Feedback Thread

In my opinion the event length wasn't really an issue. It was fun. I got to log in more sparingly (as I burnt out) and still have fun with bonuses and stuff. And I'm sure many people joined the server mid-event. I know I invited at least 1 person.

Future goals should just keep burn-out in mind (eg: that 6 mil goal was pretty much unobtainable).
I think we were on track for 6mil, just once school started people had less time to farm MAS or w/e for the end milestones hype

I've only been around long enough to be a part of the Summer Event (which was a blast), so my comments are based on that.
  1. Did you enjoy the event(s)? Yes, very much so. It kept people engaged and I felt like everyone was working towards a common goal so there was a lot of teamwork involved that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Met a lot of people this way. :)
  2. Do you think the events were fair to everyone involved?* Mostly yes. However, there seemed to be a ton of new players that came in a couple of weeks after the event started who had no idea there was an event even happening nor did they understand the HBR process. This is when the TTF games really started to re-appear and we started to get off-track with the milestone goals.
  3. Do you think the events were possibly too weak or too strong?** Just right. :)
  4. What would you do to possibly improve the events if you had control over them? I think people did start to get burnt out in the last two weeks or so. I'm not sure if a broader range of quests would have helped mitigate that or if it should be shortened to four weeks or so. I'm also fine with the "extension" of the event since we're basically just still reaping the rewards of our work on the event and not really still grinding the quests. I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't more benefits to doing Fiasco because it is a fun quest but there was little motivation to run it with all of the HBR bonuses happening in MA4. I don't know if there'd be some way to get the HBR bonus in Fiasco without making it part of the current HBR quest list, but I think there should be some way to increase interest in the earned quests. It didn't help that no group I was ever in seemed to get any good Fiasco drops, further deterring us from running them.

Overall, lots of fun and I made lots of friends during the event that I don't think I would have otherwise. Looking forward to the next one. :)

I could go into a bunch of detail but I'm lazy.

The summer event was clearly the best. It had something for everyone to the point everyone spammed so much they burnt out. Only a few are still spamming. The idea of incorporating HBR into the mix, was a smart move which incorporates the ideal of ''you work hard and you gain''. Which is an ideal I like.

Easter while I enjoyed it we all know was a bit of a flop. With quests like PTS and WOF have stupid amounts of enemies it came down to people solo spamming the first room of WoF or Retraping 2 or 3 times in a PTS room (you know which I mean). It got boring fast though I had no personal gripe with NoLifing it as long as I wasn't soloing too much. Obviously these got taken down and for good reason.

I was too late for Christmas but from what I can tell was just fiasco release and presents? If i am wrong please inform me.
Fiasco being an event only quest is great, it keeps it fresh. For those who have played it, get to experience nostalgia amongst some fun slaughtering whilst newer players get the enjoyment of a spammy quest they gave never played.

Halloween I was not here to comment upon.

Something to mention that I haven't seen was that during April fools we had 'shadows' forest quest where we fought 'drak flaz' at the end. It was a very entertaining quest.

Back