Error NO 121 Controller inactive

sovereignty

Haven't had this issue before but now its happening every 1-4 games and disconnecting me at random times, this started shortly after one of the mid event updates. I am using a PS5 Controller with antimicro, I am actively using this controller when it says it disconnects on the game. I do not get a system message or any other sort of notification, this message appears for 1 single frame and disappears. Its quite likely other people have this issue but simply do not see the message, I was only able to capture it by recording my gameplay and replaying it in turtle slow speed.

I talked with Ender a little bit but he did not have a solution to this issue so I am posting here in hopes that it can be resolved. I basically can't play without it crashing every 1-4 games, Please help - Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot (186).png
    Screenshot (186).png
    939.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
So this is nothing that we've changed and it's something entirely on your end. I debugged the client for an hour to figure out what was going on and the sequence of events each frame is...
  • PSO checks for any keys/mouse/gamepad activity.
    • If any activity, saves the current time in seconds as time of last input.
  • PSO gets the current "Auto Disconnect" setting.
  • PSO checks if the difference between current time and time of last input is within 30 seconds of the auto disconnect timeout.
    • If so, it creates the window with the timeout message. When this window is active, you can disconnect on the next frame if the timeout is hit.
So I initially thought your controller is broken, but I think it's something bizarre with your system's clock. The timer at the top of your MAE Tower screenshot is 9"59"59, but the disconnect message is positive 2 hours. I think your system's clock may have changed almost 2 hours back in time somehow? Not sure.

Here's my recommendation. Temporarily use this addon: https://github.com/Elixir70/psobbautodisconnectdebug

After you download and put that addon into your addons folder, you'll need to click the "Auto Disconnect Debug" button in the addons main menu to make it visible. Record playing with the addon and when you disconnect, take a look at the addon window. Did something strange happen to any of the values?

When you're logged in, first line is the time in seconds. Second line is the current and last input times which are tested for auto disconnect. Third line is the auto disconnect timeout retrieved from two places (these should always be equal).

Also, we could remove the Auto Disconnect stuff from the client and add a launcher option for anyone who needs it. But I think you'll still suffer from these issues in quests with timers, and likely booted out of challenge, battle.

Last edited:
Back