EPIV Frame Rate

5GUY

Eject Skippy™
Guildcard
My experience has been great so far but EPIV has been shit. The game slows down to 15fps and I'm not sure why. It seems like it happens in desert the most but it happens in other areas too. The other Episodes are totally fine. I don't have graphics mods installed and I never forced any settings in the nvidia control panel. Please help

Do you have one of those laptops that have NVIDIA Optimus technology? (Has both an Intel HD and NVIDIA GPU?)

I know PSO usually uses the Intel by default, perhaps it's just not hardcore enough for EP4.

I don't know the specs of your rig but, uh, I know there are some patches you can do to remove effects from the game if lowering options in the setup doesn't help you at all.

Do you have one of those laptops that have NVIDIA Optimus technology? (Has both an Intel HD and NVIDIA GPU?)

I know PSO usually uses the Intel by default, perhaps it's just not hardcore enough for EP4.

I don't know the specs of your rig but, uh, I know there are some patches you can do to remove effects from the game if lowering options in the setup doesn't help you at all.
I'm running the game on a desktop.

Specs are:

Nvidia GTX 960 4gb
intel i7 3.2ghz
8gb RAM

Yeah, it should run the game no problem. *shrug* I remember someone saying setting the priority of the game to high in Task Manager helped their frame rate a lot... try that maybe?

I'm running the game on a desktop.

Specs are:

Nvidia GTX 960 4gb
intel i7 3.2ghz
8gb RAM

Try Sodaboy's suggestion of high priority.

Could also try classic fullscreen.

To try classic fullscreen and high priority together (since you can't alt tab), put this into a batch file. Create shortcut, run shortcut as administrator. Return value of 0 means it worked. Adjust the timeout delay accordingly if you want (it just gives PSO time to open)

Code:
@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 20 /NOBREAK
wmic process where name="psobb.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"
cmd /k

Yeah, it should run the game no problem. *shrug* I remember someone saying setting the priority of the game to high in Task Manager helped their frame rate a lot... try that maybe?
I'll try that out

Should be noted in my suggestion above that you need to actually open PSO after running the batch file.

Back