Episode 2 drop charts need a serious rework

GHOSTS

The monkey is in the basketball!
Guildcard
I like Episode 2, but the drop charts are utter shit. VR Temple has only one or two things to hunt, VR Spaceship is a joke no matter the ID, CCA's good stuff is mostly with Skyly, and the Tower-exclusive enemy drops are not worth it in most cases. The only decent drop tables are for Seabed, and even then they're not that good compared to the other endgame areas' drops.

A good idea would be to add some of each ID's Ep 4 drops to their Ep 2 tables to encourage people to try some Ep 2 instead of spamming Ep 4 all the time. I know I wouldn't mind dealing with enemies like Mericarol, Ill Gill, and Sinow Zoa if it meant I could get high-end gear like v502, Limiter, or Smartlink.

I know EP2's drop charts are straight from SEGA, but that doesn't excuse how bad they are.

We've talked a lot about this and the community is VERY SPLIT on this issue.
I would agree with maybe adding a few things in here and there but I don't think a serious rework makes sense.

EP4 is WAYYYY more rewarding than Episode 1 & 2, and since Episode 2 is more difficult, it would make sense for it to have better drops. I don't think this is completely out of the question, but it's also big departure from "Vanilla."

(Just to clarify, I'm not trying to use "VANILLA PLS" as an argument here, just wondering if the benefits of changing Ep 1 or 2 drop charts outweigh Ephinea being REALLY NOT VANILLA anymore. Changing those dropcharts is something Soda & Matt said would never happen on more than one occasion, and it's ok for them to change their minds, but there would be some STRONG REACTIONS WEW. This isn't so much my personal belief as it is an attempt to gauge community reception.)

Small changes (like boss drops, or improving hard enemy drops a bit) I'm KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY okay with. Bigger changes would be spooky and people would want SID changes and aaaaa

Back