Ephinea's Dynamic Drop Rate, PSO2 Drop, and Luck Systems

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
JUST FYI, ALL THE NEW SYSTEMS ARE OPTIONAL TO OPT INTO! YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OPTIONS DURING GAME CREATION AND YOUR PREFERENCES SAVE. YOU CAN ALSO SEE WHAT ANOTHER PARTY IS USING BY PRESSING TAB ON THE LIST OF PARTIES.

UPDATED: 12/2/2015

You have the option to use a new PSO2 style drop system in which all drops are not shared. The drops you do see while using this system, only you can see and pick up. You can, however, drop an item you've picked up for another player to take.

In a PSO2 style multiplayer game, for each person who joins the group, the drop anything rate scales like so:

1P: 100% DAR
2P: 82% DAR
3P: 67% DAR
4P: 54% DAR

In all games, one person mode included, the drop rate can be boosted by an individual's luck, like so:

Luck level 0: 0% boost in one person mode, 0% boost in multi mode.
Luck level 1: 1% boost in one person mode, 1% boost in multi mode.
Luck level 2: 2% boost in one person mode, 3% boost in multi mode.
Luck level 3: 3% boost in one person mode, 5% boost in multi mode.

If you are playing in Classic, the leader's luck will be used for all players, whereas each player uses their own luck in PSO2 mode.

In Hardcore mode, you get a flat 30% bonus to the overall rare item drop rate of the game. The Hardcore bonus takes effect in Classic and One-Person mode as well.

For a rare item to drop, you have to win both your DAR roll and your rare roll.

The reason the rates reduce in PSO2 style mode is to offset the fact that you can have multiple common and rare items drop from the same enemy. (This doesn't mean that if an enemy drops a rare for one person, the other three members of the party are guaranteed to have it drop. It just means when the enemy dies, all 4 players roll to have the enemy drop an item. All 4 players CAN be successful and each get a rare item, but it's not a guarantee.)

Also, the dynamic drop rate effects items from boxes, but only random boxes and only for half of the DAR adjustment value. Fixed box types are not affected by DAR.

You do not have to use these systems and they can be turned off during game creation.

You can use the /luck command to check your luck at any time. Also your name color will change depending on your luck.

If you want to know the forecast for luck today, type /forecast.

You may think, with all these reductions, isn't it better to just play by yourself or in classic mode? That's up to you. But, I think sometimes it's smarter to have multiple chances at an item than just one chance. ;) So, bring your friends and try hunting in the PSO2 mode!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, for at least the two player settings (Ran some ep2 with my brother this morning), the pso2 settings are really nice. Yet to test out the 3/4p modes, but i like this alot and the fact it can be toggled to your liking is great.

Love this. I'll definitely be using it in any multi game I ever make! I mean.. people can actually hunt (together) and have an entirely equal chance of getting the drop!

This is awesome. Thank you for adding this feature to the server. I think this will cause more open multiplayer games since we can toggle on the PSO2 drop feature so we don't have to worry about ninjas. Most people are sticking to solo because they are afraid their rare will be taken that they are hunting for, and with the server being so new, people don't want to risk losing that rare.

Great work, Soda!

lmao iPad warriors !? I've been slaving away feeding some mags so I haven't played with it yet, but since it's optional I see no downside to this whatsoever. It certainly sounds cool, and while I might not use it every game, it's there when I want to.

People I've talked to like it, so you're still cool Soda :cool:

CTB said:
since it's optional I see no downside to this whatsoever
That's the point, which is why I put the other stuff in bold at the start of the post, so people don't just jump into the topic and are like "WELL, I DON'T LIKE IT FOR SUCH AND SUCH AND SUCH..." it's like, we already had a discussion about this stuff in a previous topic anyway.

This is just a topic announcing the feature is there to use for those who want to use it, not to get people riled up, start drama, etc. over it.

That's the point, which is why I put the other stuff in bold at the start of the post, so people don't just jump into the topic and are like "WELL, I DON'T LIKE IT FOR SUCH AND SUCH AND SUCH..." it's like, we already had a discussion about this stuff in a previous topic anyway.

This is just a topic announcing the feature is there to use for those who want to use it, not to get people riled up, start drama, etc. over it.

Agreed.

Last edited:
You guys gotta chill with that shit. Understand it's a choice. You don't have to use it. Not sure why that would bother anyone, unless that particular someone thought it was an advantage to everyone else and because they didn't like the way it worked, and thus not use it, they felt they were being cheated. But... That'd be silly!

As someone who generally prefers to keep the game as vanilla as possible, this is really a great change! Here's why:

1) It's optional! Any change to the game that people can choose not to use is absolutely A-OK from any diehard vanilla enthusiast's standpoint. If you disagree, you smell.

2) It's really not that big of a deal/change! Seriously, if we're looking at the shit every other PSO server to ever exist has pulled, how can you complain about this and whine about it not being vanilla? If I'm personally hunting rares with a couple friends and I know what we're looking for, I'll keep using the old system so that the drop is more likely to happen, period. If I'm just playing with a bunch of randoms or not really looking for anything, why not use this system? It's neat!

A question, though, for Soda: Does the DAR reduction/multiple potential drops per monster also apply to the tiniest of common items, like monomates and meseta?

I'm really loving the direction this server is taking! :D

Ryan said:
A question, though, for Soda: Does the DAR reduction/multiple potential drops per monster also apply to the tiniest of common items, like monomates and meseta?
I'm not Soda but might as well answer it xD
DAR, as the name says "drop anything rate" is the chance to get anything... so I guess the answer to that is yes (I think even meseta).

I think this is a really cool addition, especially since it's optional. Once I start partying up more I'll consider using it. Nice job, Soda!

Soly said:
DAR, as the name says "drop anything rate" is the chance to get anything... so I guess the answer to that is yes (I think even meseta).
Yes, monsters always roll the DAR before anything else, so a DAR reduction decreases the chances of getting all kinds of drops, rare or not. Boxes don't have a DAR and instead have a nothing "item" they can drop, so boxes effectively have a 100% DAR by default when it comes to rares but can potentially drop nothing if the rare roll fails and the regular item roll lands on the "nothing" square instead of landing on an item.

Sodaboy said:
But if you're playing with people you don't know? Trying to make friends? PSO2 style all the way.
I would agree with this in general, but I will say that the regular drop system is also a decent way to help you make friends in the first place. If you meet a new user who hoards everything and doesn't share, you get a good indication of the type of player he is, and that can inform your decision as to whether you want to be friends with him. ;)

Soly said:
Ryan said:
I'm not Soda but might as well answer it xD
Soly is right.. it applies to everything but common drops from boxes.

Chance for box rares *is* affected, but if you don't get a rare item and the box was supposed to drop something, it'll still drop it.

Holy shit Soda. I didn't even know this type of modification to Blue Burst was possible! Thank you for doing amazing things with the server and keeping my phantasies alive. =P

sounds like a cool idea, but i think ill stick to classic, thanks for making it optional man, ill prob check it out sometime though

So is it player-1's ID that has the chance on drop for every person? Or does it take each person's ID into effect?

Each person has an independent chance.

Each person has their own separate DAR and rare roll.

One person's failure doesn't affect anyone else's chance at getting the item.

However, the game's ID still determines WHAT will drop.

Thank you so much for making this optional. I can tell you are a GM who really cares about what people think and making these changes optional makes me know choosing this server was a great decision. Thank you once again for allowing me to play vanilla pso while also implementing changes for those who want them! In the future please continue to improve and change the server and always keep in mind the optional aspect to it because I was extremely happy when I found that out. Thank you so much, you are a great GM and a great guy/girl. :)

Back