Ephinea PSO Wiki - Daily Forecast and Weekly Boost now on the Main Page

Twilight

Greetings, fellow Ephineans! The Ephinea PSO Wiki now displays the Daily Forecast and Weekly Boost on the Main Page, which along with the Hunters Boost Road list and Current Event section allows a convenient at-a-glance place for people to find out this sort of information all in one place. ... Or well, it has been the case for more than a week now, but the code displaying them was still in a trial period where I had to watch over it to ensure there weren't any leftover bugs to work out. So far it seems to have (mostly) worked without a hitch, and I now feel assured in letting people know it's actually usable.

Future features intended for them include a more automated method of updating the Daily Forecast (currently this is done by hand through the Daily Forecast log, where future Daily Forecast data can be stored), as well as a countdown towards the next Weekly Boost (and Events ending if applicable), but I'm still learning wiki concepts and am not entirely confident I can make them happen eventually. Though, the wiki is for anyone in the community to participate, so if someone figures it out before me, that would be quite fine as well.

This was unexpectedly my most challenging wiki project as a newbie, given my spontaneous decision to get the code working, the timing of of the trial period to begin during New Year's while I was already up to my nose in Christmas-related article writeups among other things, and the steep learning curve (for me, anyway) concerning some of the wiki, HTML and CSS concepts I had to make use of. I would like to thank Matt, Necrodoom, Ryan and phelix for helping me wrap my head around the wiki and other concepts. Their contributions to my understanding of, as well as to the wiki itself, inspired me to contribute back, and I hope to continue doing what I can for the community in this way. I sincerely appreciate it!

Last edited:
°just checked the wiki main page :eyes:
...awesome work! the elements resize and realign nicely when resizing the browser window. neat, useful and visually pleasing ^w^
thank you for your service, dear dragon <3 and thx to the collaborators for teaching!
i'm still procrastinating my big wiki contribution marathon for when i finally take a 2 weeks break or something from the actual game.. if the proposed additions in all actuality won't happen until then, i guess there's always some filespace left in my brain to elevate the webdev skills a little and help out :'3

Back