Ephinea Cooking Thread

Ever wonder what 'Legalized Crack' looks like???? Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits~! And mew happens to put Krispy Kremes at the top of the list too! lol XD!

Attachments

• 20200927_135307.jpg
    20200927_135307.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Decided to make pancakes before logging on....went crazy thinking mew had blueberries to add to her pancakes....No Blueberries, buuuut she did decide to crush and chop some Bacon to add! Turned out Great! Nya~!

Attachments

• 20220620_224143.jpg
    20220620_224143.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 16
Making a spiffed-up, from-scratch version of Hamburger Helper for dinner tonight... A combination of elk sausage and ground beef browned with sweet yellow onion, bowtie pasta, and a cheese sauce made with mild cheddar, three year aged Gouda, and the smoked brie my father-in-law sent us home with. It'll be topped with bread crumbs and finished in the broiler, and served with a 9.5% ABV chocolate stout- which we ALSO got from my father-in-law, lol!

Just a big bowl of comfort food and a cold beer to fill our bellies while The Wife and I watch Critical Role. :D

Dinner tonight was a cross between Mexican street food tacos and Mediterranean gyros... A mix of grilled lamb and beef served on white corn tortillas with tzatziki, onion, cucumber, mint, and oaxaca cheese, and a squeeze of fresh lime over top. I also had grilled poblano peppers in mine, but The Wife finds them too spicy so she passed. For a side dish, we had some assorted veggie sticks and hummus.

For dessert I followed that up with lemon curd topped with whipped vanilla yogurt (a healthier alternative to whipped cream), served in little tart cups I made out of gingerbread. It was accompanied by "adult" smoothies: frozen strawberries, fresh basil, a splash of lemon juice to balance the flavors, white moscato to give it an extra touch of sweetness, and a couple shots of tequila for kick, all blended together until it poured smoothly.

It was a good evening. :)

Dinner tonight was a cross between Mexican street food tacos and Mediterranean gyros... A mix of grilled lamb and beef served on white corn tortillas with tzatziki, onion, cucumber, mint, and oaxaca cheese, and a squeeze of fresh lime over top. I also had grilled poblano peppers in mine, but The Wife finds them too spicy so she passed. For a side dish, we had some assorted veggie sticks and hummus.

For dessert I followed that up with lemon curd topped with whipped vanilla yogurt (a healthier alternative to whipped cream), served in little tart cups I made out of gingerbread. It was accompanied by "adult" smoothies: frozen strawberries, fresh basil, a splash of lemon juice to balance the flavors, white moscato to give it an extra touch of sweetness, and a couple shots of tequila for kick, all blended together until it poured smoothly.

It was a good evening. :)
You had mew at "Gyros"! =P <3

Tonight's dinner is going to feature grilled chicken thighs. I deboned them and butterflied them open; they're currently marinating in greek yogurt, lemongrass, mint, and crushed black pepper. I'll also be grilling some aubergines, zucchini, grape tomatoes, and red onion. Everything will be served buffet-style with fresh naan, tzatziki, a very thick balsamic vinagrette, and a slaw of pickled cucmber, onion, carrot, daikon, and nappa cabbage. I also made a batch of hummus and crisped some pita bread into chips, plus chopped some carrots, celery, red radishes, and cauliflower to dip in it.

Tonight's dinner is going to feature grilled chicken thighs. I deboned them and butterflied them open; they're currently marinating in greek yogurt, lemongrass, mint, and crushed black pepper. I'll also be grilling some aubergines, zucchini, grape tomatoes, and red onion. Everything will be served buffet-style with fresh naan, tzatziki, a very thick balsamic vinagrette, and a slaw of pickled cucmber, onion, carrot, daikon, and nappa cabbage. I also made a batch of hummus and crisped some pita bread into chips, plus chopped some carrots, celery, red radishes, and cauliflower to dip in it.
Naaaaaaan~! <3

Back