Ephinea Client Updated to v1201

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
We have updated the Ephinea client to v1201. You will need to download the updated EXE and DLL from the launcher using online.exe

(Alternatively, you can redownload the installer and reinstall the game.)

With this update, we've removed the need for PsoBB.exe and online.exe to require administrator privileges to run. The installer on the website has also been updated to no longer need administrative privileges to install the game. (Online.exe will be patched to no longer need administrator privileges when you run PsoBB.exe and connect after receiving the new PsoBB.exe and ephinea.dll)

Also, the career menu has been removed from the lobby. When selecting "Statistics", your Hunters Boost Road points will be shown immediately instead.

If you have problems getting into the game, receive a 903 or see DLL ERROR in the lower left of the title screen, you may need to allow the folder for Ephinea to be whitelisted in your antivirus program as it's possible ephinea.dll is being automatically removed upon download.

As always, we would like to remind you that ephinea.dll does not contain any viruses and sometimes comes up as a false positive. You'll just have to trust us on this one, but it's a pretty common occurrence with private servers that modify original game files or distribute their own code.

Changing Ephinea to no longer require administrative privileges to run should not only help in allowing more users to install and run the game, but should also help you feel more safe with running the client software. Also, this should help more 3rd party applications interact with Ephinea without needing administrator privileges as well.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea, see you on Ragol!

Added exclusion. Still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I set both online.exe and psobb.exe to "run as administrator" and now it works. Which is weird because I thought this update was to make it not necessary to do that.

Last edited:
Thank you Sodaboy for continuing to update this server and bring about some very helpful changes :)

I posted about having problems with starting up the game yesterday in the technical forum. Now I'm having the same issues except I've excluded the files from my antivirus and what not, also I have run it as administrator and checked compatibility with windows XP (service pack 2). I'm running windows 10 with norton antivirus, would my AV still delete/block the dll file even though I have excluded it? I have also re-installed the game multiple times. :(

Added exclusion. Still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I set both online.exe and psobb.exe to "run as administrator" and now it works. Which is weird because I thought this update was to make it not necessary to do that.

Edit2: A slightly odd quirk of this update is that now if PSO is in windowed mode it doesn't minimize when the "show desktop" button is clicked. Other apps minimize, only PSO doesn't (and it definately did before).
It doesn’t need admin to run. Most likely you have some software or overlay that is trying to interface with the game which is making it need admin to run.

Back