EP4 seems to be bugged

Kamui

S.
Was going to do a Desert run, didn't turn out well though. :p
 

Attachments

  • pso1448327473.jpg
    pso1448327473.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 116
  • pso1448327479.jpg
    pso1448327479.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 117
  • pso1448327247.jpg
    pso1448327247.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 113

Kamui

S.
Tried it again and the same result. :(

Dunno if the map mismatch problem might have been the reason though?
 

Attachments

  • pso1448329275.jpg
    pso1448329275.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 100

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
No, that would just cause you to DC at the boss.

I think your map data in your client folder is probably corrupted or something.

The server doesn't control stuff like what you're experiencing.

Looks like you're missing textures and who knows what else.
 

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Ignore the items and level, this is just a character I use for debugging quests and other things.
 

Attachments

  • desert1.png
    desert1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • desert2.png
    desert2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 105

Kamui

S.
Well, weird thing is it happened to Val as well, right?
Have you tried using the first blue/greenish teleport after the first room?
Cause this is what gets me there, the first room with enemies seems to be working fine for me atm.

Idk...

Some people just remade a Desert game because they got stuck in a room with a closed door, despite it being shown green on the radar.
It's weird, just saying.

Going to do a run with them now.
 

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I came across the problem and will be putting an updated .bin on the patch server shortly to correct it.

I was wrong, you were right. :p
 

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
That was the result of me trying to get around a QEdit oddity.

QEdit doesn't know how to read the episode # inside of a quest binary file (seriously, there's actually a dedicated byte for this) and relies on the "set_episode" opcode's existance to know which Episode you're working with.

The .bin files for Pioneer 2 (Episode 4) and the Lab don't have set_episode, so QEdit always shows them as Episode 1. I added the set_episode opcode while editing Pioneer 2 and the Lab so I could see the correct layouts for them.

I didn't think it'd cause a problem with the episodes and didn't with my quick testing, but, of course, it did.

So I just have to remember to add the opcode when working on future edits of Pioneer 2 and the Lab and to delete it when I'm done.
 

Aleron Ives

Member
If you're editing the default quest, import the enemy and object files when Qedit is already showing the correct episode, then export them again when you're done (without having a script at all, or using a script from some other random quest that's in the right episode). If you're editing the default script, ignore the map completely.
 
Top