Endless Nightmare EXP Bug?

CeNedra

Woomy~
Guildcard
On my first day I ran Endless Nightmare 1 and half way through Forest 1 my EXP stopped counting. EXP numbers still popped up from monsters but my total EXP and To Next Level remained the same. Last night the same happend when I did Endless Nightmare 4.

So far it only happened on those two quests on normal mode. Relogging fixed the bug. I only ran both quests once so far so I don't know if it will happen again if I run the quests again. It also seemed to happen only to me and not the friend I was running the quests with, I was room creator both times.

probably not related. as relogging appears to resolve the issue.

It could have been caused by lag. if the ship doesn't receive the packet to indicate the enemy is dead no exp would be given. We would need to look into the issue. If any else experiences the issue please report.

Thanks.

From my viewpoint it didn't see as it was lag, nor to my friend. I could still chat in game like always and my friend still got exp, loot still dropped etc. This lasted for a few rooms so easily 5-10 mins if not longer before I decided to relog. Pretty much the entire game ran like its supposed to. I just didn't get the EXP calculated.

I will try more runs this weekend to see if the problem remains or not and report back.

It's weird your friend got exp but you didn't... very strange indeed.

Had it happen again today in Hard mode Lost Heat Sword, me and my friend didn't get exp for like 1-2 mins then it started ticking again.

This is getting very interesting lol

Edit: this time also the boxes didnt drop any loot while the exp didn't tick.

Are both you and your friend in the Netherlands? I'm still thinking it's lag, did you try to backtrack to the boxes that you broke after your exp started ticking to see if any items magically appeared? If it happens again, could you try that?

I was the one playing with Nedra at the time, from Portugal myself.
I think the empty boxes may have been a coincidence, after that bit where neither of us were getting exp, throughout the run there were some more sets of empty boxes here and then, though I don't think we had any more moments of no exp in that run.

The bit we had no exp, Nedra noticed it first, after Nedra mentioned it we killed a small group of Booma type enemies (Boomas and Goboomas, I think?), neither of us got exp at that moment, Nedra was about to exit the run and reboot, but I tried attacking a spawn of Mothverts and we got exp then. I didn't pay full attention to the exp values though, so I'm not sure if we got the exp from the Boomas spawns as well or if only from the Mothverts... Will have to check better next time it happens (if it does).

The Endless Nightmare 4 run in the previous day, I wasn't paying much attention to exp, so I don't know if I was getting exp or not at the time, but Nedra mentioned not getting exp for several rooms during that run.

i wondering if this is caused by the packets telling "you got EXP for this mob's death" are being dropped and lost and never being sent or received.

That's what I'm guessing, actually, AJC46, but since PSO is TCP, it should retry them. Could be some bug in my collection of packets when the connection is laggy, which would explain why people who lag often have item use issues. I'll have to look into it. Maybe it could do with a rewrite/optimization.

I have 100% figured this out.

We were forgetting to reset the monster and box variables before a quest loads, we were only doing it when Challenge or Battle mode hits "Retry".

I imagine when you guys weren't getting experience, you probably played free roam for a bit then loaded TTF/Endless Nightmare/etc.

I'm going to patch this and do an emergency ship restart soon.

Oh sweet.

We indeed ran free area before doing this.

Nice to know you found it and able to fix it.

Back