due to the Id changes I feel this is important.

Rune

Guildcard
Id tier list time!

Top tier
Skyly cause it sky

High tier
Whitey
Purple dragons

Mid tier
Blues
Redstone

Low tier
Oran bongos

Bottom tier
Viridian forest

Not sure where to go on here

I'm keeping an eye on this as it's being updated: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/the-definitive-section-id-topic-for-ephinea.2518/
Although I'm only playing three characters currently and focusing on reaping the benefits of playing one a lot, I have 8 other characters planned out, actually mostly made and decked out with a full set of techs. I had everyone's section planned out before the new changes. Now it looks like I'll be shifting Oran from 3rd force I planned (Fonewearl), to 2nd Hunter I plan to play (Hucaseal) which would have been yellowboze. 2nd Ranger will be Viridia instead of Red and Fonewearl will be red. My 3rd Ranger must be Greenill. But now my dilemma is that Yellowboze is a good one and while still being doubled on 2 of 11 chars it'll be my 4th hunter and 4th force instead of 2nd hunter and 4th force. 3rd Hunter still planning to make Whitill. The old section id topic also had New Played Rated tiers with Sky, Purp, Red 1st tier and Blue at the beginning of 2nd tier. It seems Blue and Red have been fallen a bit in the new recommendations, but I think I still want to keep my Fonewm blue and have my next force, a Fomarl pink. I don't want my Fonewm to be pink and played plenty of Fonewearl in previous PSO's. I really want to find some good partisan type weapons to give to other chars, but blue is bad for Rangers and others take priority over it for Hunters.
Anyway, in short my current plans but not recommendations to others:
(and it happens to fit best with http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=452)
Hunters: 1 Sky, 2 Oran, 3 Whit, 4 Yel
Rangers: 1 Purp, 2 Vir, 3 Green(MustBe)
Forces: 1 Blue, 2 Pink, 3 Red, 4 Yel(MustBe)
Previous plans:
Hunters: 1 Sky, 2 Yel, 3 Whit, 4 Vir
Rangers: 1 Purp, 2 Red, 3 Green(Must)
Forces: 1 Blue, 2 Pink, 3 Oran, 4 Yel(Must)
Also thinking Alternate New Plans (Gets Yellow in much sooner but neglects Viridia):
Hunters: 1 Sky, 2 Oran, 3 Whit, 4 Vir
Rangers: 1 Purp, 2 Yel, 3 Green(Must)
Forces: 1 Blue, 2 Pink, 3 Red, 4 Yel(Must)
The 4th Hunter is going to be played the least out of all, other than a ranger I'm not interested in.

Old recommendations specifically mentioned Pinkal being decent for Ramarls and Hunewearls and Bluefull being good for Fomarls. Pinkal actually has the next best chance of Partisans after Blue. Of course there's a good number of Purplenum forces running around and Hucaseals having ATA close to a ranger can be considered. It can be good to take the stats and bonuses of specific characters into account rather than just the three classes in rating the sections.

Last edited:
Holy character planning! Myself i im kinda like that too. Originally i just wanted a fo, but its hard starting out like that.(esp. When everyone else on the server was gearing up too!) So i opted to make a Racaseal with an id that could find some fonewm stuff i had my eyes on. I think originally i made a HU just because i had a ra, hu, fo account and it was just gonna hold cool hunter stuff i found.

As for the changes now im going with yellow for my fonewm whitill for my racaseal and nothing else matters really. Im just after a self found Red Ring, decent diska for RBB, and a second V101.

Yellowboze has even rates on all types of untekked normal weapons. I like the randomness of it. With 5% rate of finding HIT on weapons across the board, never know what you'll find. With the new drop checker, now I'll never miss that awesome 100 hit charge scepter that drops! :cool:

Back