Drop rates and rare items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link1275 said:
Or you could have broken it so that the DAR is 100% as well.
Well, all rappies do have a 100% DAR. They just have different rare item chances.

Sodaboy said:
I just did some roll tests rolling out of 100,000 for each of the rates and they came back as expected, after I made this second adjustment, so I *know* it will be fine this time. Like, there's no way. If you guys don't get anything, then it's really just bad luck, seriously this time. Like NO WAY...

The Red Ring drop from Falz is fine, right? It doesn't have "special" code, does it? lol

I made a Whitill ID specifically for that drop (it has the highest chance of dropping it compared to other IDs).

Sodaboy said:
Link1275 said:
Or you could have broken it so that the DAR is 100% as well.
Well, all rappies do have a 100% DAR.
...and so do bosses. :p Fun fact: the reason they are able to not drop anything is that they don't have a type drop, so the 1/3 roll of type drop/tool/Meseta can result in them dropping nothing if it lands on the type drop option.

Speaking of droprates. Were Trimates from normal Hildebears always this terrible low on BB? (45%)

Pretty much every bear I kill on GC drops me trimates yet I haven't found a single one yet so far on BB. Maybe GC had something like 80-90% droprate or something.

Would make mag raising so much easier at least.

Cheers to Sodaboy for fixing it within hours. :D

Would've taken Crono 3-4 months.

CeNedra said:
Speaking of droprates. Were Trimates from normal Hildebears always this terrible low on BB? (45%)

Pretty much every bear I kill on GC drops me trimates yet I haven't found a single one yet so far on BB. Maybe GC had something like 80-90% droprate or something.

I will tell you this, the file we're using for Episode I & II drops (excluding the changes to the Ultimate bosses I made) was DUMPED STRAIGHT FROM THE GC ISO.

Sodaboy said:
CeNedra said:

I will tell you this, the file we're using for Episode I & II drops (excluding the changes to the Ultimate bosses I made) was DUMPED STRAIGHT FROM THE GC ISO.

10/10

Funny enough last night I played I got showered in trimates from all kind of things, both Hildebears and Sinow Golds. Classic case of RNG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back