Drop rate of Photon drop

GreenMaker

Guildcard
Hello.

I would like to know the drop rate of photon drops(PD) obtained if I defeat an enemy. (difficuluty :Ultimate)

The wiki says 1/375.

However, the Auguish article says +0.15% by increasing Anguish by one level,
and when Anguish is level 1, the drop rate of PD is 0.95%.

Calculating backwards from this,
the drop rate of PD when Anguish is not applied is

0.95-0.15 = 0.8% (1/125),

which is different from the wiki description.

Which is correct?
(1/375 or 1/125)

Thank you in advance.

I referred to the following page.

PD is classified as a non-rare item, falling within the Tool consumables category. Non-rare drops are comprised of three types: Tool consumables, Meseta, and Set drop(including weapons, armor, shields, units and nothing). Among these, tool consumables represent one-third. Considering your data, the calculation of 1/125 * 1/3, equating to a 1 in 375 chance, stands correct.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clear explanation.

It was very convincing.

(I always thought the PD drop rate was 1/125, so I need to correct my data)

Last edited:
It should be noted that no enemy has a set Tool drop. After an enemy rolls a drop, they roll for a Unit or Frame or Barrier (e.g. Tower miniboss) or Weapon (e.g. Claw). So tools are unlikely. Boss boxes do have set Tool drops like the first four boxes you usually break after defeating Dragon. The set box Tools in certain quests never roll a PD.

Getting a PD from an enemy is a much lower rate than 1/375. Imagine if that was the rate, you would get them nonstop. In reality PDs are genuinely rare. I think 1/1100 is a more accurate rate that I used to see on the Wiki but I’m not sure after what rolls.

It should be noted that no enemy has a set Tool drop. After an enemy rolls a drop, they roll for a Unit or Frame or Barrier (e.g. Tower miniboss) or Weapon (e.g. Claw). So tools are unlikely. Boss boxes do have set Tool drops like the first four boxes you usually break after defeating Dragon. The set box Tools in certain quests never roll a PD.

Getting a PD from an enemy is a much lower rate than 1/375. Imagine if that was the rate, you would get them nonstop. In reality PDs are genuinely rare. I think 1/1100 is a more accurate rate that I used to see on the Wiki but I’m not sure after what rolls.
All of that stuff is already factored into the drop rates on the wiki.

Ignoring rares, music disks, and event items, an enemy has a 1/3 chance to drop a tool. Across every difficulty and episode on Ultimate, every tool drop has an 80/10000 (1/125) chance to be a PD. 1/125 * 1/3 = 1/375. Note that it's only listed that way under enemy drops, because as you already mentioned, boxes are more complicated.

Back