Does Rage de Foudre actually... exist?

Goldom

I've been hunting for one of these for an absurdly long time, and just thought to search the forum to only discover ... no one has EVER mentioned it, EVER sold or bought one. Searched the Discord too, and found that its only mention ever was when the Rage series was split into 4 – again, no mention of anyone actually having one. The other 3 Rages all have plenty of mentions in posts, but this one is just... nowhere.

So I'm wondering if somehow, it's just not actually dropping? Its listed rate is 1/1280, Purplenum Delsaber E2, which comes to around 1/1000 on rare or DAR weeks. I've personally killed 2,200 of these on those weeks without luck. In the same time, I've found an expected number of other drops of similar rarity from the other enemies in the area, this is the only one I haven't seen.

[Disclaimer: I know it's not even the best of the four, and none of them are highly sought after. My fun in PSO comes from trying to find all the stuff and upgrade gear incrementally, so no need to tell me "uh why do you even care".]

Yes it exists. All four of the "Rage de" weapons were originally named "Rage de Feu", which is confusing because they're four different weapons and there was no way to tell which is which when trading. You just had to take the other player's word for it. So they were renamed in December.

If you search the trade forums for "Rage de Feu" and then look for the ones with Tempest as special, you'll find a handful within the past year. Purplenum Spaceship isn't exactly a popular ID+area. Yellowboze Spaceship is a little popular, but the drop there is from Sorcerer's, an enemy that exists only in Beta.

In 2022, Rage de Foudre has been found 22 times on Fodra alone. Most of these in April when Random Attack Xrd REV 2 was in HBR.

I just tested in sandbox with /redbox and confirmed it drops that way too.

Also, the drop charts are automatically generated by the server. So there's no room for manual error there.

Last edited:
Thanks for verifying! Glad to know I wasn't flailing away at a hopeless endeavor, just that luck is torturing me =\
Worse case scenario if you start losing hair over it....mew may has one laying around in her toybox~! =3

Back