Disconnection after Photon Blast

DoctorShanks

Guildcard
Twice today, immediately after using a photon blast as a group, I (and only I) disconnected from the game. A third time I got a tremendous lag spike, but didn't disconnect.

The only common denominator I can think of is that each time, it has happened in the same room; the warp directly before the final set of enemies in PW2. Classic mode as well which may or may not matter.

I will try PBing in different rooms to see what happens and edit this thread if anything else happens.

-Party mentioned not gaining s/d at all after I disconnected. Probably because I was the one that used Twins?
-I may have also been the room host each time. A few runs we did on Purple wherein someone else was the leader, but most runs were on Whitill where I was leading.
-Tried a 2way PB in the room below. Was room host, was not initiator, someone else used twins. No d/c.

Attachments

• pso133034147835211745.png
    pso133034147835211745.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • pso133034147944868984.png
    pso133034147944868984.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's probably an issue on your end. I had a similar issue for years. See this thread and the thread I linked in my reply there:

For Photon Blasts, I used to type a message every few seconds and that prevents the disconnect during them. You can try that, but you'll still have this issue at some other bosses or when tabbing out randomly.

If you can consistently reproduce it at some point, you should try playing on your mobile data if you can tether. That's how I confirmed it was an issue in my modem/router/ISP (after I replaced network card, tried Ubuntu, and a hundred other things).

It's probably an issue on your end. I had a similar issue for years. See this thread and the thread I linked in my reply there:

For Photon Blasts, I used to type a message every few seconds and that prevents the disconnect during them. You can try that, but you'll still have this issue at some other bosses or when tabbing out randomly.

If you can consistently reproduce it at some point, you should try playing on your mobile data if you can tether. That's how I confirmed it was an issue in my modem/router/ISP (after I replaced network card, tried Ubuntu, and a hundred other things).

I will try this, thank you!

Back