Disconnected when trying to feed a mag

Toshiko

Hello. I encountered a strange glitch today where the server disconnected me when I tried to feed my mag. The message given was:

"Yo, we both know, your mag has had enough to eat. You ain't got to be greedy! Could not find mag to feed or item to feed said mag."

Some details:
The mag in question was a Varuna, it was unequipped, and I was feeding antidotes to it, which I just bought from the item shop. Just before feeding that mag, I just finished feeding another Varuna (equipped) with 3 antidotes, after which I bought more from the shop.

This happened in Episode 1, normal difficulty, One player mode.

(I apologize if this is a known bug) and thanks to the staff for all the work you put to this server. ;)

Currently this is a system put in place to prevent players from using cheats, like Infinite mag feeding.

We understand that not all of you are doing so and we know there are a few issues with the method we've put in place.
The bugs should be ironed out before long, sorry for the inconvenience with mag feeding at the moment! We're just trying to stop those pesky
cheaters!

I'll be sure to post again in this thread when the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your report, and understanding

Thanks for the reply; I just had the same thing happen to me a second time.

Is there any way to reduce the risk/frequency of this happening? For instance, when the mag feed option becomes available, would it help to wait a little bit longer before feeding the mag again to make sure the server doesn't think I'm refeeding too early?

I guess something similar happened to me (AFAIK I was online at the same time like Toshiko):

(I finished the quest "Addicting Food", but before getting my reward, I wanted to feed my mag ... which was a bad idea, because it kicked me out of the game.)

I bought Antidotes in the shop, and fed them right away to my mag. After 2 Antidotes, I wanted to give the third one, but then I got this message:

Infinite mag feed cheat detected.

Could not find mag or item to feed.

If it matters, I did it rather quickly, i.e., in the feed menu, I pressed up (to get to the last item), Enter, Enter, up, Enter, Enter, up, Enter, Enter -> disconnect.

Attachments

• infinite-mag-feed-cheat-detected.PNG
    infinite-mag-feed-cheat-detected.PNG
    574 KB · Views: 166
Happened again just now (and I was in a quest again, almost finished it :()

This time I didn't feed items quickly. It was the first item I fed; was running around in Cave, and boom, disconnect.

I'll check it out, I added the code yesterday, I guess there must be a glitch. Weird.

Believe this should finally be fixed and detects infinite mag feeding correctly. I tried a couple of times to add/fix it yesterday, but I guess I failed. I just tested it by having multiple mags in my inventory and I was able to feed them all over the course of 10 minutes, so... *crosses fingers and toes*

it happened to me about 5 minutes ago again xD Forgot to screenshot it though.

Interesting, you were 2 seconds off from what I expected:

[08-14-2015, 08:17] 42000063 (Roaxes ) fed their mag too early. Mag feed: 1439565443 Time to feed: 1439565445
[08-14-2015, 08:17] 42000063 (Roaxes ) was disconnected for infinite mag feed.

I guess I need to adjust the sensitivity. It's weird 'cuz I have it checking every 3 minutes, but some people said it's supposed to be 3:20 or 3:30, so I'm being generous, ANYWAY. I'll adjust something...

I've adjusted the timing again, if it disconnects you again, please let me know EXACTLY what you're doing so I can reproduce it.

I've been unable to reproduce it myself, with my testing, so there must be a step I'm missing.

Sodaboy said:
I've adjusted the timing again, if it disconnects you again, please let me know EXACTLY what you're doing so I can reproduce it.

I've been unable to reproduce it myself, with my testing, so there must be a step I'm missing.

Well for that I was playing battle training quest. I believe I fed my mag twice in that. just feeding my mag monofluids. Ill play through the quest but record the whole way. x3

Happened again. After being afk for a while, I piped back to town, bought some items for my mags and fed all 3 mags. The 9th item caused the Disconnect.

On another note, earlier I was trying to buy a bunch of monofluids from the shop and for some reason it disconnected me saying I didn't have enough money for them.

Cheat detection seems to be on steroids :p

Toshiko said:
On another note, earlier I was trying to buy a bunch of monofluids from the shop and for some reason it disconnected me saying I didn't have enough money for them.

Seems weird that you'd get disconnected for that, to my knowledge we don't have any kind of anti-cheat in place for meseta, but if your value is different client side, it may have caused an issue.
The only thing I can think of is that your client and the server had some de-sync when it came to Meseta or you edited your meseta in memory (Which never works and will give you this error when you try to use said money)

Just going to turn off the mag detection check then for now, until I can figure out why I'm not in sync with when the client thinks it's OK to feed.

Another thing you can try to duplicate, let the mag get hungry, feed it twice and let it idle there until the next 3:30 reset. Thats how it happened to me last night. I fed it twice and it was about to evolve, so i went to read the mag charts to double check what the reqs were for the evolution i wanted. Then i went out to pick up something for my girl and about 15ish minutes later i came back to feed.

Boom disconnected.

Maybe the cheat detection doesnt reset on partial feeds when the mag timer resets?

We've removed the feature for the time being due to the above issue, we'll try to fix it and re-implement it at some point.

Sorry for any issues caused by the bug.
Thanks for your continued patience and support.

Someone told me a while ago, the client when it hangs for things like someone joining your room, the mag timer (in the client) does too, but the server keeps ticking.
If this is the reason, you could just (as you said) be generous, but won't get rid of the de-sync caused by it.
If someone can find such timer in the client and monitor it, that would tell you what is really happening there.

Soly said:
Someone told me a while ago, the client when it hangs for things like someone joining your room, the mag timer (in the client) does too, but the server keeps ticking.
If this is the reason, you could just (as you said) be generous, but won't get rid of the de-sync caused by it.
If someone can find such timer in the client and monitor it, that would tell you what is really happening there.
This is what I think is happening to me, or loading quests and stuff too are throwing it off.

I'm going to modify it again with this in mind.

The biggest misconception people have about mag feed is they believe the timer starts after the last mag feed which is wrong, the timer actually starts upon the first feed and does NOT get reset upon later feeds and continues until the 3 minutes count to reset the whole 3 feeds again even if the last feed was 1 second before that 3 minutes mark. Which means it is much more effective to feed one item to each mags first when bulk feeding then feeding the rest of the items. And yes, bursting makes the timer freeze in the client, but that makes the feed happen later not before. It is as simple as that, end of story.

I have yet to see an anti mag feed code that works 100% of the time with no possible false positives.

Back