Dinput8 Crashing the game

Esther

Discord Handle: Estherteric
Guildcard
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game to start a fresh slate in the registry. Then I went back to installing all of the addons I normally used after initially getting this error:

look.png

Upon closing the message, the game closes. Even after doing what I mentioned above (un and re-installing), the message returns. This occurred after my windows OS updated just yesterday as everything worked just fine any time I launched the game before the update.

I did also be sure to recheck my exclusions after said update. It all looked good so idk what to really do.

There might be someone who can help you on this, but I will point out that your error message has nothing to do with the PSO client or Ephinea itself. It is directly related to your add-on installation. (We didn't create and aren't responsible for the add-on plugin or any add-ons created for it.)

Might be better private messaging the author of the add-on plugin directly.

@Ender I checked that forum post out already, but to me, it might as well be written in Gaulish. No idea as to where to pinpoint where to disable the overlay that was being discussed.

Something is likely interfering with psobb. So one thing you can try doing is temporarily disabling/stopping a group of external processes running at a time and see if the plugin starts working to narrow down the culprit. A good starting point would be to look at any processes that might create an overlay on psobb when playing (you could remove/rename dinput8.dll to run psobb and see if anything does this).

If you have Evolve running like in that thread, whatever Evolve is, you could just disable it if you can't find the exceptions thing in the settings.

Ok, through many tests, I was able to narrow down the culprit indeed. Thanks

It was the Vjoy Driver that enables Xinput to make Dinput controls function properly. It prioritized itself over my main controls after a Win10 update. So I simply got rid of it since I really never use it.

Back