Depth of field with ambient occlusion causes lag

Ibrahimarm

Guildcard
Whenever depth of field and ambient occlusion (at any setting) are used in conjunction the game lags. The game doesn't use any extra resources, it just drops a lot of frames.

Hi, just tested DepthOfField in conjuction with Ambient Occlusion in low enemy count scenarios and I don't have any framedrops:
Capture015-DoF-AO.PNG

I have a NVidia GTX 1660 Ti graphics card, 3200Mhz RAM and a Intel Gen12 (12700) CPU which is totally overkill though.

What kind of graphics card do you have ? have you tried switching DirectX Backends in the launcher ? (DX12 / 11 / DX8 on 12)
DX12 Backend could be smoother in some scenarios as long as you have a "modern" graphics card as the API has far less overhead with each graphics call from what I understand.

Last edited:
Hi, just tested DepthOfField in conjuction with Ambient Occlusion in low enemy count scenarios and I don't have any framedrops:

I have a NVidia GTX 1660 Ti graphics card, 3200Mhz RAM and a Intel Gen12 (12700) CPU which is totally overkill though.

What kind of graphics card do you have ? have you tried switching DirectX Backends in the launcher ? (DX12 / 11 / DX8 on 12)
DX12 Backend could be smoother in some scenarios as long as you have a "modern" graphics card as the API has far less overhead with each graphics call from what I understand.
I feel dumb saying this, but I made a mistake with what I thought was a bug. When you enable more than 1 shader performance overhead rises significantly. For reference I was on a 2070 Super, a Ryzen 5 3600, and 3000mHz RAM. The 3D engine was being maxed whenever I put on more than 1 shader, which was causing the lag. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Was going to make a thread about this setting separately but it also causes massive blurring around player names and probably text in other areas. Not sure who's developing the feature but if possible making it not apply to text would be great.

Back