Decrease analog stick threshold?

Krios47

Hi guys, I just discovered this community yesterday to play this with a friend and I love it! The only issue I am having right now which is kind of minor but I would still like to configure is my left analog stick. I'm using a gamecube controller and adapter for my PC and configured everything in pad button config to my liking. The only thing is that when I move I can only run forwards (if the left stick is perfectly in place), diagonal left or diagonal right. It's difficult to keep the run going when turning directions and it's impossible to run sideways or backwards in anyway. Is there any way I can alter the settings of my controller on this game so that the threshold is decreased or some other method of detecting running? I'd appreciate any help and suggestions.

Did you try adjusting it through windows? Gamecube's deadzone has always had issues unless you adjust the full deadzone in the windows calibration.

Control panel>devices and printers>right click on your controller>game controller settings>properties

Then settings tab, and calibrate. Tick the box, and Make sure to rotate it fully around so its sitting at about 128x128 (if I'm remembering gamecube's correctly) and it should be good to go after that.

As Colette said. You can use windows/driver utility to adjust your analog stick dead zones. PSO doesn't offer any dead zone options so will need to be done via the game pad driver.

Thank you Colette! I did tinker with the device settings under windows beforehand but the x and y rotations weren't going through. I just kept it at default settings since I figured it wouldn't work. This time I just went through the wizard and applied the settings regardless and they seem to work. Awesome!

I'm having this issue as well, but I can't find my controller specifically in my devices. I've been having issues getting my MAYFLASH to do what I want, but I don't know how to fix this.

Try another USB port? I know it sounds asinine but failing USB ports can cause device inconsistency. IIRC this also causes device drivers to install for that port, which might help incase the others failed. Also its worth noting that Gamecube controller wont just show up as "gamecube controler' In your list, it will show as Xbox 360 controller. All controller devices that aren't native to windows mimmick Xbox controllers to have it show up.

All else fails you can return the mayflash for another one. My personal track record with mayflash products isn't good so it may very well be that the adapter is just flat out bad. :(

Well, the USB ports are fine. I tried swapping them, but the ports work fine for my mouse, etc. And I'm not getting any kind of controller showing up in my device manager.

Did the adapter come with any sort of software? Or is there software you can download to make it work from mayflash?

Back