Daylight Scar Rework Concept

No Hit

Hello suggestions forum readers!

Today I will be presenting my Daylight Scar Rework Concept.

This rework would change the special of DLS (Daylight Scar) based on which ID it drops in,
quite similar to the way Rage De Feu works.

Here's a visual aid I created to help those who do not enjoy reading words:

Udibidg.png

This of course is an Edit I made of the DLS wiki page.

I originally created this because a lot of the time DLS was hunted on Oran and not any of the other IDs. I believe adding the addition of Spirit and Charge to DLS provides a nice hunting option for those who do not like Berserk (I am not one of these people as you may already know.)

Overall I do not believe DLS to be a very popular item, and these changes might give more incentive for players to go down to Space Ship and hunt one.

The only concern I would have, of course, is Charge being too strong as an option. An increase in the amount of meseta used from 200 to maybe 500 could possibly balance this out.

I would love to hear all of your thoughts and prayers about my wonderful idea.

It is of course a wonderful idea, isn't it? You wouldn't possibly disagree with me, would you? Of course not!

Thanks for reading!

Neat idea, though tbh I like the idea of rebalancing pretty much any underutilized gear to encourage wider adoption. After all, it's not like increasing the options for hunting it would change the tide of Excalibur being king. (If anything, Excal should be nerfed, but I'm not ready to be burned at the stake over that one. Side note: There should be a twin sword of Excal and Galatine; its power would vary by time of day, every attack would be able to hit three targets, and it would have a Berserk special. How's that for OP? Eat your heart out, Ultima.)

Last edited:
I would might make the spirit charge weapons a bit weaker than the zerk version (cuz it's safer to use them) but I like the idea~

Back