Dark Tower Trailer

.Kuja

Guildcard
The trailer only is already lowering my hopes on this movie being good, significantly.

Man, i love these books; the 4th, Wizard and Glass, is my favorite book of all time. But those cheesy lines, and a lot of core things seem already so different...

At least the gunslingers oath at the end was cool.

I'm mildly excited for it. It looks to be over the second book of the series. There's a ton of information in the books so it'll be interesting to see the movie translation of it. Steven king FINALLY approved a movie for it, so it should be good.

I've read all the books. Loved em. Lets hope its good enough to warrant a whole series of movies!

HBO man; that was the obvious answer we sadly didn't get to see.

Also money; they rated it 13 because bringing non-fans to see the movie will be hard enough already, Stephen King's name helps, sure, but the movie is this close to be just another crap random fantasy film and they won't risk having even less audience.

Ofc i agree with all you said.

Seven full reads of this book series.
Wanting so bad for a good look at this universe.
This movie is not what I wanted but it will still get some of my money. My wish was an animated retelling of the story we already know.

Spoilers below

(I just have to assume everyone reading this has made it though. We need to view this movie as a trip through the story perhaps several tellings down the road. We will not see anything like what we already know and will instead experience a story built to loosely introduce the newly acquainted to the plot.)

Back