Criticize my build plan

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a final build for my FOnewearl. I plan on using it for pure techs and support. I have my ATP high enough so I can use Tyrell's Parasol.

FOnewearl @ LV 200
--------------------------------
Units: V801, ADEPT, ADEPT, Centurion/Ability

Mag: 15/0/0/185 @ LV 200

Mats: 13 left
- 25 Power
- 63 Mind
- 49 Evade
--------------------------------
All stats maxed out except:
ATA: -9.5
LCK: -40

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I have all the gear and mats, it's just a matter of material resetting my character.

Thanks!

"Pure techs and support" is fine but I'd argue you should also max your ATA while also using a V101.

So something more along the lines of:

---
V101, V801, Adept, Smartlink

150 Mind Mats

Mag: 5/36/62/97
---

This gives you 580 ATP (or 583? I forget), 1720 MST (maxes with both summit moon and magical piece, not psycho wand tho) and max ATA. This lets you play pure tech and support easily, however it also lets you use certain weapons like Slicer of Fanatic and Bringer's Rifle to inflict Demon's when it's useful (and techs are not).

Max atp, max ata, get mst as close to max as possible (ideally it should max with magical piece). The rest of the stats don't matter.
For ep1 and 4 I use v801 v101 adept and smartlink.
For ep2 I use either v801 v101 smartlink or v502 or v101 v502 cure freeze smartlink. Having 2 mags is useful so that for ep2 you can swap out adept and still max ata. Ep2 adept is not needed because you are v unlikely to be nuking.
Fonl has the best demons of any force so it is imperative you max her ata so that she is able to use Srank Demons Mechguns.
2 adepts is never ideal and cent ability isn't either! Evade mats are a big no no on fonl.:p
As some advice, follow matt's stat plans for all your chars pretty much because he has great knowledge of the game, and any improvements have been recommended for those plans when he went public with them.
Any other advice you need for other char plans you can make a post like you did here.

Last edited:
@VENOM I followed this advice and recently add demons to my mechguns. (1st s-rank ever, so excuse ignorance.) I'm finding that it almost never hits... Any advice on maximizing efficiency using my demons mechgun. Is it very situational, (Girtablulus)?

Demon Mechguns on FOnewm and FOnewearl are really not that useful. Due to their low ATA (20 ATA) combined with FO's natural low ATA (and the fact that you have merge on a lot of the time over RR), you'll struggle to actually hit most stuff that requires Demon's and are better using Slicers, Cards (with glitch), Handguns and Bringer's Rifle, especially since they have more range.

You can glitch them by standing at max range and using SN, but this requires very good combo timing and only actually gives 2 of the shots max ATA (you're much more likely to only glitch 1 shot). In practice when just playing, this isn't going to be something you will be doing.

While NSS with Demon Mechguns can have a higher chance of inflicting at least 1 Demon's during a combo than using something like a Bringer's Rifle, it's generally negligibly higher and not really worth the 50-60 PDs really, especially since Mechguns suffer from low range. However FOnewearl has a problem with Demon's, which is that one Demon's is not enough for her to properly finish enemies due to her weak offensive capabilities, making all other FOs much better at using Demon's, especially FOmarl due to her choice of weaponry and ATP.

Overall your Demon Mechguns are not that useful, and that's the bottom line. They have some niche uses in "top-tier" play, but are almost functionally useless otherwise.

Demons mechguns work a treat in tower on fonl. Learn to glitch the mechguns, its mostly about the distance. I am able to glitch with them often, and I do hit 2x demons on the glitch pretty regularly (I used this in TA) but it did take practice.
Sof is more reliable on girta for fonl. Slicers are a good deal easier to glitch.

NSS will work sometimes but only use demons mechs for enemies with high hp.
Whilst fonl may not have the atp to finish off enemies as matt said in the combo, she still has the best ata and demons should be used more with her than any other force.

If you are underwhelmed with the demons mechguns on fonl do not worry, they are still an extremely useful srank for other characters.

Last edited:
Back